Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 741 times

Advertisements

is there a need for new buisnesses in chandler/mesa/gilbert/tempe areas? my sister and i are from wisconsin, hard workers and looking for a new start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 04:18 PM

23 posts, read 39,562 times
There is an E N O R M O U S surplus of cheap labor in Phoenix. However you may be able to find work anyway.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:18 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,178,295 times
There is always a need for good hard workers. Far too many of the service workers are unreliable. Do a good job and word of mouth will spread. Give your business card to some real estate agents and you will get lots of business.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:01 PM

23 posts, read 39,562 times
I encourage you to check out craigslist and see what other people are charging for house cleaning in Phoenix. It may surprise you.

Although I've never been a house cleaner I possess some inside knowledge about how this business works in Phoenix.

1) You have to work physically hard every day.
2) You must be prompt and reliable.
3) You will be required to work around other people's schedules.
4) Labor is cheap in Phoenix and some of your customers will remind you of that on a regular basis.
5) Crazy people will take advantage of your low position and some people won't pay you.
6) You will get yelled at for things you didn't do. You will receive a steady stream of angry texts, emails and even letters from customers about things you didn't do. In some cases you will continue to get these communications even months after you've quit. I've seen some of the emails and letters and it's as bad as you can imagine.
7) You might clear $15,000 per year. You might not.

Let me reiterate I've never been a housekeeper. But I have an inside view of the valley's low skilled labor world and in many cases it is sweat-shop horrific.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area