Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:41 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,664,859 times

Advertisements

Why would you want to go to some random subpar mall when you come here? Are you from North Dakota or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 11:57 PM

239 posts, read 724,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why would you want to go to some random subpar mall when you come here? Are you from North Dakota or something?
I'm from Atlanta, GA.

Part of the reason I wanted to is because I've heard some good things about the mall and some people in AZ like that.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:34 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times
Arizona Mills is just a mall like any other mall in America. Nothing special. If you like malls, you'll like it just fine.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:07 AM

13,865 posts, read 8,072,996 times
My wife likes shopping there.

I usually drop her off around 11am and return around 3

Wasn't aware the area is considered unsafe at night

Old 12-15-2015, 06:00 AM

551 posts, read 694,659 times
Mills definitely gets sketchy at night. Unless you feel absolutely sure you can handle that sort of thing, I suggest leaving before it gets dark. I also would watch my wallet in that mall as well. But some of the deals at the outlets there are very good, so it can be worth the trip.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:06 AM

7,328 posts, read 12,366,689 times
BTW, the better indoor malls in the Valley are Scottsdale Fashion Square, Chandler Fashion Center, Superstition Springs Center, and Arrowhead Towne Center.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:35 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,604,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
I'm from Atlanta, GA.

Part of the reason I wanted to is because I've heard some good things about the mall and some people in AZ like that.
I recommend the Chandler Fashion Center Mall over the Arizona Mills. Also, the Scottsdale Fashion Square is nice but a bit higher end.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:48 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,311,465 times
I like it. Have never felt unsafe. Please. It's not a rough area. I have met a friend there when we were going to a Dbacks game to carpool. Was totally fine leaving my car there and fetching my car after in the dark.

It's an outlet mall so the prices are really great. If you are looking for bargains, that is the place to go. It's not the "best" mall as far as high end shops, etc, but it isn't supposed to be...it's an OUTLET.

Was last there Thanksgiving weekend. Place was packed. I never leave empty handed because there are too many great deals to be had! Even prices at non outlet stores are less. For instance, Old Navy was 50% off the whole store there where Old Navy elsewhere was only 40% off.

It is a long walk all the way around, that's for sure!

Old 12-15-2015, 08:50 AM

39 posts, read 38,664 times
Can get pretty busy during holidays. I like the fact that is all one level and once you've done one loop you have seen all the stores. Missing some of the common stores like Macys, JC Penny, Dillards, Sears but you can find those in any other still popular mall in Phoenix area which makes this mall a little unique. Food court has been redone and my favorite thing is the IMAX movie theater. I do big bros/big sis and my little enjoys the aquarium. Don't listen to people who say it is unsafe. Been there many times since it has opened back in the day and have never had anything happen. Day or night. Overall one of my favorite mall because it doesn't feel like most others in the valley.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:17 AM

2,292 posts, read 3,092,503 times
The Mills is a pretty family friendly mall. Lots of attractions including the IMAX, acquarium, Rainforest Café, cool food court with merry go round, etc. They have a Garcia's Mexican Place in there that my wife and I go to on occasion. I've never felt unsafe there. Maybe it's the usual teen element that usually hangs around malls. Maybe its the fact it seems to be pretty popular with families from Mexico coming up to do their big shopping excursions (see lots of Sonora license plates in the parking lot). It gets a diverse crowd, possibly because it's the biggest outlet mall in the Valley so draws people from everywhere. Maybe that's what other posters are alluding to or maybe some are just paranoid. ??? I personally think it's just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area