Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:22 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,344,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I complain all the time about traffic but I don't come out and tell people what they should and shouldn't do that's the difference. Telling someone they have no right to be on the freeways at certain times is ridiculous. If I have to travel during rush hour I leave even earlier but most of the time I try and plan my day around it because like most I have better things to do than sit in traffic complaining.

The OP didn't say they had no right, they simply asked the snowbirds to please not add to the congestion by being on the freeways during rush hours when they don't have to be. I have to agree.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:28 AM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,113,876 times
Well, Elle..there was more than one post. OP makes reference to Grannies, Oldies, homeless mobile vans, etc. in followup posts. Pretty much insulting and talking down to anybody he/she chooses.

You want us to quit being judgmental? Gee, I wonder why some of us have formed these opinions.
I also find it a bit ironic that a moderator is in here pouring gas on a fire.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,151,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
So ONE post can tell you everything about every aspect of a person?
Using your same logic:

By one quick glance at a car with out of state plates and an older person behind the wheel you cannot with 100% certainty conclude that that person is a 'snowbird' and doesn't have a specific reason as to why they need to be on the roadways during times that are considered rush hour.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:35 AM
SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
The OP didn't say they had no right, they simply asked the snowbirds to please not add to the congestion by being on the freeways during rush hours when they don't have to be. I have to agree.
Please post the quote where the OP asked to "please not add to the congestion". I am unable to find anything remotely similar to that.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:40 AM

640 posts, read 962,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Next up.... do children really need to go to school? Those damn yellow buses clog up the roads.
City busses, too! I was driving down the road today minding my own business (going the speed limit) and all of a sudden this unbelievable jerk driving the city bus stops in the right lane! In the middle of the block to pick up passengers! I couldn't believe it, I had to quickly swerve around it to avoid having to slow down. I'm writing a letter to the mayor now with a proposal to ban city busses from the road between 6-9am and 3-7pm. If someone needs to take the bus, they can do it during other hours.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Please post the quote where the OP asked to "please not add to the congestion". I am unable to find anything remotely similar to that.

The last line of the original post:

Please do us 9 to 5ers a favor and stay off the road during these times. It would be much appreciated.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Well, Elle..there was more than one post. OP makes reference to Grannies, Oldies, homeless mobile vans, etc. in followup posts. Pretty much insulting and talking down to anybody he/she chooses.

You want us to quit being judgmental? Gee, I wonder why some of us have formed these opinions.

No gas pouring. I guess it is because I could have started this thread myself! I was just having similar frustration last Saturday when I was doing my errands and had a conversation about this with a friend in Florida who can totally relate.

I was just a bit surprised at how quickly the OP was attacked.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:03 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,995,959 times
Quote:

Grannies, Oldies and Homeless Mobile Vans are insults now?

I'll be sure to not call my Granny, Granny. It gets the Oldies in a tightwad.

Speaking of, since when is it wrong to complain? I complain about Snowbirds, most long time residents do. So what? I'm entitled to be as annoyed as I want to be, you are entitled to be on the roads when you want to be, but let's get real.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:10 AM
SMG

It was more of the context in which those terms were used JG. The entire tone of the original post and follow up posts was not annoying due to being traffic complaints, it was about the entitlement to the road that they did not feel they were getting. Kind of a "how dare you old people be out on the road when I am trying to get to work". It was not complaining about traffic, it was pretty much looking downward at older people that do not have matters as pressing as they do. When all was said and done, the OP has a short drive to work, much quicker than many do. It just had a condescending, entitled vibe to it....in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area