Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:23 AM

2,292 posts, read 3,092,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr_77 View Post
By other hand, is it real:
"PERSONAL INCOMES
Very Low Salary: Under 25k unskilled, easy jobs
Low Salary: $25k-35k low skilled jobs that are less pleasant (labor)
Decent Salary: $35k-50k entry-level white collar, lower-skilled trades
Good Salary: $50K-85K skilled trades, middle-management in a Dilbert Office, technical workers on the lower end
Great Salary: 85k-120k (management and quasi-professional jobs, technical workers, a very few trades)
Amazing Salary: 120k and higher upper-management, professional jobs, high-skilled technical workes )

HOUSEHOLD INCOMES (not including childless ppl who live alone)
Very Low HHI: Under $25k (poor households)
Low HHI: $25k-40k (working poor households)
Decent HHI: $40-60k (working class)
Good HHI: $60-85k (lower middle-class)
Good(er) HHI: $85-130k (middle class households)
Great HHI: $130k-200k and higher (upper middle-class)
Amazing HHI: 200k and higher (wealthy).

Phoenix area."

I found this in the website
Thanks in advance

This seems pretty accurate to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 01:30 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,243,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Sure you can, like I said that is for a high rent area. figure close to $300/wk per kid X 4.25. some less desirable areas may be half of that.
Yeah, no.

Even in higher income areas you can fall well below $2500 a month for two kids

Old 02-04-2016, 01:33 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yeah, no.

Even in higher income areas you can fall well below $2500 a month for two kids

Well OK, I have experience having kids in daycare in the South Chandler area and know what 5 of them charge in the area lol. 4 year olds pay a little over $200 per week, younger kids are more (the OP has younger kids). There's also bi annual registration fees which should be factored in as well as any events you want the kids doing while at the daycare. Church daycares and private homes charge less I suppose if one wants to go that route.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:58 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,243,298 times
The cost you showed for the 4 year old isn't far off from what I've seen ..... Closer to $1000/mo than $1250.

There are a ton of options though .... We were super fortunate in that we had a great in home option for a great rate. My wife teaches so that lowered cost and then we moved into employee rates for preschool. We were fortunate. Most of our friends were not, bit there are tons of options

Old 02-05-2016, 12:03 AM

397 posts, read 603,686 times
We're finally done with daycare but were paying about $1,100/month for a private, academic daycare in the East Valley for pre-kindergarten. I think prices were going up to about $1,200/month this year.

ETA this didn't consider annual registration fees and other extras. Daycare is just plain expensive, no way around that. The same chain cost about $1,400/month in the Western suburbs of Chicago. And daycare isn't something that you want to skimp on.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:16 PM

6 posts, read 7,275 times
Do you have to move here? I love Madrid - Phoenix is nothing like Madrid.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:57 AM

21 posts, read 21,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopnik View Post
Do you have to move here? I love Madrid - Phoenix is nothing like Madrid.
I know Madrid is very different to Phoenix and any city in USA is like Madrid, I think USA is very different to Europe or Spain...but the job opportunity for my husband in Phoenix could be very good (although he will have to travel accross to USA) for some years and for our children could be an amazing experience!

Thanks for your feedback!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM

6 posts, read 27,195 times
Degree or no degree? 130 K for a degree is still a stretch unless you are a CEO or CFO top top management. I make nearly 6 figures but I do it on my own running my own business and work from home so my earnings stretch further since I maybe go through a tank of gas a month vs every week (or less) like my friends who commute do.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:26 PM

21 posts, read 21,334 times
if it is not good opportunity regarding salary we can to keep our job position in Madrid. If we will move its for living better than here. (Language for children, new culture and new style of life, new experience in another country is amazing)...I will tell you if we will get the offer than we think!
Sometimes you are in the place correct and you can get more if anybody knows your business!
Thanks for your help!!

Old 02-10-2016, 01:35 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinthesouthwest View Post
Degree or no degree? 130 K for a degree is still a stretch unless you are a CEO or CFO top top management. I make nearly 6 figures but I do it on my own running my own business and work from home so my earnings stretch further since I maybe go through a tank of gas a month vs every week (or less) like my friends who commute do.
That's not CEO level pay. My wife works as a manager in IT and makes more than that plus a nice bonus. Her boss is a Director and then above the director level is the executive level making mid 6 to 7 figures. Maybe IT salaries are just higher in general but there's plenty making that and they aren't CEO's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area