Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:58 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,346,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
As large as PHX is, it's possible. I'm in ABQ and we have two pollen reports daily - eastside and westside. More often than not, the pollens are different and when the same pollen is in both counts, the count varies by side of town. Some days the eastside count is sky high and westside is low. So it could be very possible in PHX that counts vary.

Absolutely, as was my case I posted about earlier. I have lived in several different parts of the valley over the last 2 and a half years and had no issues until I moved into my current place.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM

2,097 posts, read 3,821,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I wish you would stop saying that.

Allergy shots don't work for everyone.

I can attest to this. I first tried getting allergy shots when I was around 8 yrs old and by the 5-6 week I was sick and had really bad reactions. Tried again with a different allergist several years later with the same results. Gave it one last shot in my 20's with yet again a different allergist and same results. He said there are a few people who have this reaction and allergy shots will not work for everyone,I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. Back east I was allergic to everything... grass,ragweed, all the trees,dust,mold etc....

Now,since moving here all my allergies are gone and I haven't had to take even 1 Claritin. I've heard that over time I could become allergic to some of the native plants/trees here but so far so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 10:12 AM

15,254 posts, read 13,053,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Now,since moving here all my allergies are gone and I haven't had to take even 1 Claritin. I've heard that over time I could become allergic to some of the native plants/trees here but so far so good.
Congratulations on finding your happy place.

I've had three courses of allergen immunotherapy over my lifetime. Like you, I started as a child. I haven't had any measurable benefit. Now my allergist wants to start me on a fourth.

Since I know most of my allergies are environmental and we're planning on moving to Arizona in a couple of years, I think I'll pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area