Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 01:04 AM

273 posts, read 350,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It was geared towards the GI Bill. It got run down because we opted to turn our city into a sprawling freeway Mecca. It has a poor location as a result.
Not true, there are plenty of old neighborhoods in the heart of PHX that are highly desirable and sought after; Willo, Encanto, Camelback East and the prestigious Arcadia area. Even Akwatukee and Arrowhead are relatively old and they are just as desirable as they were a quarter of a century ago when they were first constructed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 01:09 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Not true, there are plenty of old neighborhoods in the heart of PHX that are highly desirable and sought after; Willo, Encanto, Camelback East and the prestigious Arcadia area. Even Akwatukee and Arrowhead are relatively old and they are just as desirable as they were a quarter of a century ago when they were first constructed.
Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 AM

273 posts, read 350,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Not sure what you're disagreeing with.
You indicated and suggested that older PHX neighborhoods turn undesirable due to people abandoning them and buying a newer house out in the suburbs or exurbs. I provided examples that generally prove you wrong. It is true that some older Phoenix hoods like Maryvale, Alhambra and the Metrocenter area have gone downhill but many older PHX hoods are gentrifying or have remained desirable.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:43 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,237,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing4me View Post
That is the number of the agent renting out the homes

You have to look at each place specifically. I have nothing against the area but.. The first house at 3502 W. Hadley 85009. Look it up on google maps. If the neighborhood doesn't bother you realize it is right on 35th Ave. You will hear traffic going past all night long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing4me View Post
I have money saved up to move BUT how do you get a place with no proof of income?

Cash. Seriously I don't know. Talk to a real estate agent.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:55 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
You indicated and suggested that older PHX neighborhoods turn undesirable due to people abandoning them and buying a newer house out in the suburbs or exurbs. I provided examples that generally prove you wrong. It is true that some older Phoenix hoods like Maryvale, Alhambra and the Metrocenter area have gone downhill but many older PHX hoods are gentrifying or have remained desirable.
That's not at all what was said. And this discussion is of Maryvale which you acknowledged anyway.

You're right, but it doesn't make sense in this context.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
I just relocated to Las Vegas and I can see why she wants to move to her family to Arizona. Other then Boulder City and the nicer areas in Henderson I think it would be a terrible place to raise a family.

This would be a better place for singles with no kids like myself and senior citizens on fixed incomes.

I am shocked anyone would want to raise their families in Clark County. Even though there are far better places for families then metro Phoenix even Maryvale or Central Mesa are a step up for families over Las Vegas.

There are many, many more family-friendly states then Arizona with a higher quality of life but compared to other states in the Southwest it is probubly better for families.

Las Vegas is far more edgy then I remember it a couple of years ago.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:32 PM

594 posts, read 699,333 times
So Las Vegas is your UTOPIA....hopefully you've finally found your place where you're so busy you want have time to grace us with your insightful knowledge on our great state of Arizona. By the way, for consistent negative portrayal of Arizona your sentence will be as such....you will think about ARIZONA everyday, when you're out living your life, you will think about ARIZONA. ..before you fall asleep you will think about ARIZONA....you WILL come back to city-state ARIZONA forum to show the great citizens of this state that your punishment was justified. So when come back and post on our forum, we'll know the punishment is working.BYE !

Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,504,206 times
I'm in agreement Maryvale is one of the worst areas to live because of how sketchy it is, more crime, and old run-down neighborhoods.

Because of the reputation Maryvale has, some people unfairly classify the entire west valley as being this way.

Maryvale is just one bad area on the westside, many other areas in the west valley are newer, safer, cleaner, and family-friendly.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:06 PM

55 posts, read 86,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I just relocated to Las Vegas and I can see why she wants to move to her family to Arizona. Other then Boulder City and the nicer areas in Henderson I think it would be a terrible place to raise a family.

This would be a better place for singles with no kids like myself and senior citizens on fixed incomes.

I am shocked anyone would want to raise their families in Clark County. Even though there are far better places for families then metro Phoenix even Maryvale or Central Mesa are a step up for families over Las Vegas.

There are many, many more family-friendly states then Arizona with a higher quality of life but compared to other states in the Southwest it is probubly better for families.

Las Vegas is far more edgy then I remember it a couple of years ago.

So you think I'm making a good decision to move my family to Arizona even if it's in Maryvale? So if your currently here with me in Vegas you understand where I am coming from trying to raise 4 kids.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:09 PM

55 posts, read 86,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
So Las Vegas is your UTOPIA....hopefully you've finally found your place where you're so busy you want have time to grace us with your insightful knowledge on our great state of Arizona. By the way, for consistent negative portrayal of Arizona your sentence will be as such....you will think about ARIZONA everyday, when you're out living your life, you will think about ARIZONA. ..before you fall asleep you will think about ARIZONA....you WILL come back to city-state ARIZONA forum to show the great citizens of this state that your punishment was justified. So when come back and post on our forum, we'll know the punishment is working.BYE !

How long have you been in Arizona? You defend your state very strongly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area