Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:02 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,218,456 times

Advertisements

Craft 64 in Old Town Scottsdale is fantastic. Not a brewery, but they carry a great selection of AZ beers (say 64 handles) ..... Food is good, relaxed vibe and the owners live beer and will help you navigate. Frequently have brewery reps in there as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 02:34 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,231 times
I was checking this thread out for a friend in town for a wedding and he went to this place Craft Beer - The Beer Research institute - Mesa, Az on Sunday and liked it a lot. He also went to OHSO and AZ Wilderness and he told me that The Beer Research Institute was his favorite of those 3.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,604,542 times
West Valley
Peoria Artisan - Tasting room in Litchfield Park and restaurant/brewery in N. Peoria
8 Bit Ale Works (Avondale)
Freak'N Brewing Company (Peoria-off Olive)
Dubina (Glendale/67th and Bell)
Saddle Mountain Brewing Company (Goodyear)
Oggi's pizza & brewing co (N Glendale)
Rockbottom (Glendale-I heard it was the only Rockbottom left in Phoenix area)
Gordon Biersch (Westgate)
BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse (Parkwest)

Can't forget
Yardhouse (Westgate)
Ground Control (Litchfield Park)

Coming Soon
State Forty Eight Brewery (Surprise)

Old 04-19-2016, 10:40 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Gordon Biersch is not a local brewery. They are all over the US. The brewery is located in California.
I know, that's why I wrote it's a chain brewery.

It still counts as one of the more popular breweries here, I have been to the one in Tempe and business was booming.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:23 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I know, that's why I wrote it's a chain brewery.

It still counts as one of the more popular breweries here, I have been to the one in Tempe and business was booming.

It's a good place. I've been to the one in Tempe as well. Sitting on the upstairs balcony is great for people watching.

The OP was asking about LOCAL craft breweries, so I was just pointing out that they are NOT local.

Of course, neither is Four Peaks anymore as far as I (and a lot of other people) are concerned.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:45 PM

19 posts, read 13,409 times
Well I've been here a couple of weeks and have hit three spots.

Arizona Wilderness and Fate were just as great as I had heard... I'll be going back to those regularly.

The third was Dubina in Glendale... good call, ibarrio! It's not fancy, but the beer is very, very good.

I also went to Dragoon in Tucson on the way out... worth hitting if you're down there.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

(Love the area so far! Can't really find anything to complain about. )

Old 05-07-2016, 04:52 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,038 times
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/phoe...ars-in-phoenix
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/phoe...arizona-ranked

Here are some extra if you were wondering, take it with a grain of salt seeing as everyone has different tastes, but I've been to a good amount of the places listed and can vouch for them

Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 AM

483 posts, read 665,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyCane View Post
Well I've been here a couple of weeks and have hit three spots.

Arizona Wilderness and Fate were just as great as I had heard... I'll be going back to those regularly.

The third was Dubina in Glendale... good call, ibarrio! It's not fancy, but the beer is very, very good.

I also went to Dragoon in Tucson on the way out... worth hitting if you're down there.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

(Love the area so far! Can't really find anything to complain about. )
Give it time. Most newcomers eventually complain about the weather, the traffic, the snowbirds...did I mention the weather?

At least you will have plenty of good beer to make it all better

Old 05-08-2016, 12:09 PM

19 posts, read 13,409 times
Ha, well I'll never complain about traffic... I used to commute to D.C. The weather, yeah, bracing for that!

Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
Another one that I can't remember if it has been mentioned here is North Mountain Brewing Company. I went there recently for happy hour and they have good food and deals on beers. They can also tap any of their beer on nitro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area