Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 06:44 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Mt Lemmon is 9200 ft as well but this pic I am driving south on AZ 64 towards Bill Williams Mt near Williams. Cool little historic district in that town on 66.
I know Williams, driven through it on 40 a few times, let me tell you, in a rig, going up OR down the rim just west of there is not fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 07:57 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,719,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I know Williams, driven through it on 40 a few times, let me tell you, in a rig, going up OR down the rim just west of there is not fun
Ash Fork to Williams for those 15 miles beats continually flooring that gas in a 37 ft Motor home on 17 from Camp Verde to Flag for those 50 miles. I ALWAYS take 69 to Prescott and 89 to Ash Fork going up. Less scenic than 17 but far easier on the engine.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:13 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times
Quote:
As a middle aged nature boy of the desert and the beach I am far from a hipster. I order PBR at dive bars near Roosevelt to integrate with the locals up that way so Pabst Blue Ribbon as close to hipster as I come. For me personally I use the term Zonie as a source of pride.To each their own I guess. Yes , San Diegans use the term Zonie at the beach as do transplants I know in Valle up north where we have acreage.
Why subject yourself to such torture? First, hanging with hipsters dulls the senses, and drinking PBR tells the world you've given up and are about to commit suicide.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:38 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,719,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Why subject yourself to such torture? First, hanging with hipsters dulls the senses, and drinking PBR tells the world you've given up and are about to commit suicide.
PBR represents my youth in HS and college before I could afford Grand Canyon Starry Night Stout. As Joe Walsh once said...Life has been good to me so far.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
PBR represents my youth in HS and college before I could afford Grand Canyon Starry Night Stout. As Joe Walsh once said...Life has been good to me so far.
There are many things from youth that shouldnt be revisited. PBR is one of them.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
There are many things from youth that shouldnt be revisited. PBR is one of them.
Hey, PBR is the #@*/, don't knock it, my 2nd fav beer after Rolling Rock, 3rd fav is Peroni

Old 06-28-2016, 09:56 AM

770 posts, read 837,949 times
Quote:
As a middle aged nature boy of the desert and the beach I am far from a hipster. I order PBR at dive bars near Roosevelt to integrate with the locals up that way so Pabst Blue Ribbon as close to hipster as I come. For me personally I use the term Zonie as a source of pride.To each their own I guess. Yes , San Diegans use the term Zonie at the beach as do transplants I know in Valle up north where we have acreage.
So you pretty much described a hipster even down to your look at me I edgy with my hip words.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:32 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
It's 100% true that millions have left.

Even though I shouldn't have to hold your hand on everything about CA - I feel you need education... Here's the first result from a quick Google search: Roughly 5 million people left California in the last decade. See where they went | The Sacramento Bee

Here's a better article that gives an idea of the many reasons (this list isn't all encompassing - but it sheds some light)
The Exodus of People Moving Away From California Is Becoming an Avalanche ? Charisma News

You do yourself no favors by continuing to discredit the facts I state about CA. If you want to ignore the reality, that's fine - but don't be so foolish as to try and convince yourself (or others) that the facts aren't true.

I may be AZ_Rookie but I'm no rookie to CA junior.

I was surprised to see Texas getting the most CA 'transplants'. From reading the Idaho forum I would've bet it would win! The biggest complaints I read about are politics, cost of living, traffic and just "too many people". That's kind of how I feel about Phoenix. Lucky for us we have plenty of options and a big country to choose where we want to live. Not happy? Move! People will come and go every day as choices are made. Personally I wouldn't want to live in CA but it has nothing to do with most of the complaints others have about it. I just have no interest. Or TX either, for that matter. Already lived in ID. lol

Old 06-28-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Hey, PBR is the #@*/, don't knock it, my 2nd fav beer after Rolling Rock, 3rd fav is Peroni
Oh. My.

Your beer tastebuds havent fully developed, and are still in their infant stages I see. I would STRONGLY suggest a mix n' match pack at Total Wine. Go pick out 6 different beers, 6 different styles (ie porter, lager, Kolsch, stout, etc). Youll never go back to the stuff youre currently drinking. Mark my words.

I suggest breweries like Left Hand, Two Brothers, Breckenridge, San Tan, Goose Island, Ironfire, and even some staples like Sam Adams, Guinness, etc.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:36 PM

394 posts, read 343,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I was surprised to see Texas getting the most CA 'transplants'. From reading the Idaho forum I would've bet it would win! The biggest complaints I read about are politics, cost of living, traffic and just "too many people". That's kind of how I feel about Phoenix. Lucky for us we have plenty of options and a big country to choose where we want to live. Not happy? Move! People will come and go every day as choices are made. Personally I wouldn't want to live in CA but it has nothing to do with most of the complaints others have about it. I just have no interest. Or TX either, for that matter. Already lived in ID. lol
Yep, ID is a current draw for many that are leaving CA... TX and AZ have been the top choices for several years, but the perception (for many) is those locations are on the cusp of having the same problems as CA.

I recently traveled to ID for business... I can see the attraction (they also have the political climate that attracts those of us leaving the kooky overlords).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area