Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:30 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,366,961 times

Advertisements

Target has stores all over the Valley so on that kind of budget particularly with the cost of gas or extreme amount of time public transit could take if you're going very far, I would not commit to any complex until they tell you what store you'll be in because they could be 50+ miles difference in location depending which one they send you to.

Fortunately based on your criteria, here in the Valley the "utilities included" apartments tend to be cheaper and often rent short-term if needed, so that should at least help you out. All should have AC. Many will welcome pets but tend to charge pet deposit/fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:10 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Autism360 gave excellent advice. I'll add that you do NOT want an apt where all utilities are included unless you enjoy being very hot in summer and cold in winter. And probably in an old building in a crappy neighborhood.

Do NOT rent an apartment sight unseen. Do NOT rent an apartment until you kniw EXACTLY which Target will be your workplace.

Pet friendly makes things tougher. That budget is nearly impossible. Consider roommate situations.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,946,642 times
https://goo.gl/maps/3BU2RFrZP512

It's 71 miles, or an hour and 20 minutes with mild traffic, from the Target in north Glendale to the Target in Queen Creek... And that's not even from one extent of the Valley to the other (driving from one far corner to the other is nearly 100 miles).

$600, utilities included, for a 1 bed will make the search a little bit harder, but not impossible (unless they send you to Target in North Scottsdale).

I would find out exactly which store they plan to transfer you to, and then go from there (either going through a locator service, or searching online).

Old 06-02-2016, 06:47 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,847 times
Be sure to ask the apartment exactly WHAT kind of air conditioning you'll have, especially if utilities are included. The chiller systems suck.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:01 PM

551 posts, read 693,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legauthier View Post
I work for Target in MA and will be transferring AZ Target but I am not sure which one yet. I am looking for at least a one bed room apartment, all utilities included (would be nice but not always possible), AC, pet friendly, budget is around 600.00. I'm not sure what kind of utilities are required out there? All this information that you are giving is greatly appreciated.
The area is MASSIVE. Absolutely MASSIVE. The more information you can give us the better we can help you. What sort of commute can you handle?

Electricity, water, and internet if you want it. Some places include one or others depending on where you are looking. Do you own a vehicle?

Old 06-03-2016, 08:15 PM

7 posts, read 5,534 times
I'm willing to do maybe an half an hour commute. Internet is something i can deal without. I would really like electricity, water, and heat. I do own a vehicle. I'm definitely having trouble finding a place that will take a dog over 35 pounds

Old 06-03-2016, 09:19 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legauthier View Post
I work for Target in MA and will be transferring AZ Target but I am not sure which one yet. I am looking for at least a one bed room apartment, all utilities included (would be nice but not always possible), AC, pet friendly, budget is around 600.00. I'm not sure what kind of utilities are required out there? All this information that you are giving is greatly appreciated.
Hey, born and raised in MA and have lived in AZ nearly 20 years. Is your job transferring you or are you just looking for a change of pace? Your question would be easier to answer if you knew where your work will be. The area is very spread out, not like MA where things are close and cramped. Depending on where you work will determine how much driving you have to do. We do have public transportation, but it is nothing like back east and is still developing. DM me and I can answer any specific questions you might have. What part of MA are you living in?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:25 AM

163 posts, read 206,939 times
Like others have said, you need to FIRST know which Target you'll be working at. THEN you can decide which city/area to move to and can start looking for apartments.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Hey, born and raised in MA and have lived in AZ nearly 20 years. Is your job transferring you or are you just looking for a change of pace? Your question would be easier to answer if you knew where your work will be. The area is very spread out, not like MA where things are close and cramped. Depending on where you work will determine how much driving you have to do. We do have public transportation, but it is nothing like back east and is still developing. DM me and I can answer any specific questions you might have. What part of MA are you living in?
Looking for a change of pace. I live in the Fall River area where did you live in ma? How was the transition for you was it bad or good? I'm very nervous to move but I feel that it is a good thing so I am stuck on where to start. It's really hard because I have two pets and one is 65 pounds most places have a restriction of 35 pounds . Everyone I have called tells me t air two months before I leave to start looking but there is so much involved with movie to another state. It's like do I wait till two month or do I start now

Old 06-04-2016, 03:29 PM

What are some area I should stay away from and what are some good areas that I can look into
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area