Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:45 PM

7 posts, read 6,928 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading my post. I moved out here last year and I'm finding that renting an apt in N Scottsdale isn't where I want to be. I really want to live somewhere quiet, more peaceful with a desert view. I love Fountain Hills but there isn't anything available; is there another area similar to FH? Are there any "peaceful", off-the-map kind of areas in Scottsdale?

Any suggestions? Peoria? Surprise? Glendale? What areas do you recommend or not recommend? BTW, I work in N. Scottsdale but I don't mind a long drive.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 10:07 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,010,292 times
I'd normally ask if you checked out Anthem. We've got the quiet and the desert views, but your apartment options are limited to one complex which unfortunately is located right alongside the highway.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:28 PM

640 posts, read 961,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBirdRedBeak View Post
Are there any "peaceful", off-the-map kind of areas in Scottsdale
Not in Scottsdale, but I don't know how anyone could think Carefree/Cave Creek are not peaceful. Really just about anything North of Pinnacle Peak Rd in Scottsdale would be my definition of quiet and peaceful.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,680,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBirdRedBeak View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading my post. I moved out here last year and I'm finding that renting an apt in N Scottsdale isn't where I want to be. I really want to live somewhere quiet, more peaceful with a desert view. I love Fountain Hills but there isn't anything available; is there another area similar to FH? Are there any "peaceful", off-the-map kind of areas in Scottsdale?

Any suggestions? Peoria? Surprise? Glendale? What areas do you recommend or not recommend? BTW, I work in N. Scottsdale but I don't mind a long drive.

Thanks!
I would suggest Borrego Springs, CA

Old 06-02-2016, 12:25 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,035,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I know the OP said she didn't mind a long drive....but really? LOL

https://www.google.com/search?q=Borr...ttsdale+az+map

There are 257.50 miles from Borrego Springs to Scottsdale and 301.87 miles by car.

Borrego Springs and Scottsdale are 4 hours 44 mins far apart (by car).

Old 06-02-2016, 08:26 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,990,007 times
Carefree or Cave Creek. Those are about the only two suburbs that truly feel unattached to the rest of the metro. Well, the areas of Cave Creek up by the Horny Toad feel unattached, but some areas of Cave Creek feel suburban. And why cant you find anything in Fountain Hills? I always see tons of listings out there.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:07 AM

19,462 posts, read 27,955,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Carefree or Cave Creek. Those are about the only two suburbs that truly feel unattached to the rest of the metro. Well, the areas of Cave Creek up by the Horny Toad feel unattached, but some areas of Cave Creek feel suburban. And why cant you find anything in Fountain Hills? I always see tons of listings out there.
I'd agree with that. And add far east Mesa. The commute on the 202 to the 101 isn't bad if you can adjust your hours slightly.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:45 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,680,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
I know the OP said she didn't mind a long drive....but really? LOL

https://www.google.com/search?q=Borr...ttsdale+az+map

There are 257.50 miles from Borrego Springs to Scottsdale and 301.87 miles by car.

Borrego Springs and Scottsdale are 4 hours 44 mins far apart (by car).
Well, she said she wanted quite desert scenery, and that is the best I've seen in this region

Old 06-03-2016, 06:05 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,514,224 times
Quote:
Well, she said she wanted quite desert scenery, and that is the best I've seen in this region
But she's NOT talking about leaving this area.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:12 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,373,184 times
Quote:
I have never been to Borrego Springs. I've been throughout much of the Coachella Valley, but haven't made it over that way. I've been to Cahuilla/Anza area, but those are at a much higher elevation, kind of on the other side of some foothills/mountains.

If you've been to Borrego Springs, give me a little tourist review on it...I might want to check out that corner of the desert sometme.

Thank you and sorry for getting off the AZ topic but I am curious and am an Arizonan so hope it's alright to ask briefly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area