Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,620 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am moving to Phoenix next month transferring with the company I work for and location for my job is not a problem since the company I work for will place me within 10 miles of where I live. A friend told me I should look in Central and North Central Phoenix. I am looking for a studio apartment that is within walking distance to public transportation and my budget will be between 500 and 600 dollars. I know that's not a lot, but unfortunately that's all that I can afford at this time.

Thanks for any reply's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 12:33 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,236,440 times
For that amount you're not going to have a lot of options. You're going to have to go where the cheap housing is and not necessarily the "decent and good areas of Phoenix".

Old 06-19-2016, 03:31 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,284,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindrow View Post
I am moving to Phoenix next month transferring with the company I work for and location for my job is not a problem since the company I work for will place me within 10 miles of where I live. A friend told me I should look in Central and North Central Phoenix. I am looking for a studio apartment that is within walking distance to public transportation and my budget will be between 500 and 600 dollars. I know that's not a lot, but unfortunately that's all that I can afford at this time.
Please provide an approximate location of the company ... downtown, midtown, or where? The location of your job will largely depend on where you live and what kind of public transit to use. I agree with LBTRS: a $500 or $600 budget won't get you anything in a nice area (unless you have roommates).

Old 06-19-2016, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,620 times
The company is located at: 2122 E Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:47 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,284,603 times
Quote:
That would be near the 51 freeway & Highland. I'm familiar with that area ... in fact, I don't live too far from there. The area in general is fair, but it gets a lot better the further east you go along Highland & Camelback. There are some cheaper apartments close by, but again, you're probably not going to find a decent one for $500 or $600 per month unless you get a roommate.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:55 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,982,187 times
Quote:
That's in the Biltmore area which is a nice area and convenient for using public transportation. Even studios aren't as cheap as they used to be but you should be able to find something at the higher end of your budget down towards maybe Thomas or McDowell between 7th St-32nd St so you're not too far away from your job. Just like anywhere else you get what you pay for. You don't sound like you're picky about where you stay but you definitely need to at least visit and check out some apartments for yourself. Apartments can be either really nice or really shady.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:42 PM

40 posts, read 36,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
Apartments can be either really nice or really shady.
I'm running into that problem. I'm looking for the middle ground of apartments if anyone has any recommendations!

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: