Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,893 times

Advertisements

Hello

Can someone please give me some info about Queen Creek?
For example..

I know it is very close to Gilbert, and Gilbert is consistently rated as one of the safest cities in Arizona. Is QC a safe area? Is there much crime? Gangs? Is it a town where I can take my kids out for a walk at night, and feel safe?

Is it more of a small town feel?

Is there enough to do, without having to drive into Gilbert for entertainment?

I'm just looking for a little info about the area, as I don't really hear much about it. How does it compare to Gilbert? Is QC getting built up quickly the same way as Gilbert?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 01:47 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
You will have to drive at least to Power and Ray for most amenities, you can get groceries out there, but that's about it. I would never live there, but I am a city dweller, so I'm biased

Old 06-25-2016, 09:34 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You will have to drive at least to Power and Ray for most amenities, you can get groceries out there, but that's about it. I would never live there, but I am a city dweller, so I'm biased
Nah there's actually a huge power center in QC now with Sprouts, Target, Kohl's, etc, plus several sit down restaurants and fast food. I've only driven past it once or twice but it seems like typical of other power centers in the east valley.

QC is nice, upscale, mostly large houses on large lots. The schools are highly rated and it is very safe, it is just a significant distance from the center of Phoenix. Do not confuse QC with San Tan Valley, which is further out and used to be called QC.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:43 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
I know that there is an airpark -- private gated community with runway -- in Queen Creek.

If you don't like airplane noise, you might want to check the map to make sure you're not near Pegasus Airpark or the flight path.

The presence of an airpark tells me that not that long ago, land was not expensive in the area. I'm told you need about 300 acres for a runway and home sites.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:00 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I know that there is an airpark -- private gated community with runway -- in Queen Creek.

If you don't like airplane noise, you might want to check the map to make sure you're not near Pegasus Airpark or the flight path.

The presence of an airpark tells me that not that long ago, land was not expensive in the area. I'm told you need about 300 acres for a runway and home sites.
Those are all million dollar plus homes and there are several ununder construction. having said that I wouldn't worry about airplanes flying in and out as it is hardly utilized. location in relation to the Gateway airport is more important IMO as those are the large planes

Old 06-25-2016, 11:41 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,716,722 times
Large LDS presence. Provo without the 4 seasons.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Those are all million dollar plus homes and there are several ununder construction. having said that I wouldn't worry about airplanes flying in and out as it is hardly utilized. location in relation to the Gateway airport is more important IMO as those are the large planes
Well, to be fair, there are several for sale at under $1 million.

While it's true that small airparks may not get a lot of traffic, some people are reflexively against any airplane noise at all. Just trying to warn them off. It wouldn't be fair to the Pegasus homeowners for a new arrival to suddenly discover the occasional small plane overhead.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:49 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Queen Creek feels like an extension of Gilbert to the south. It is clean, safe, new and upscale. But it also has a heavy Mormon population and is very conservative. There is a not lot of diversity or culture there so if you have some ethnic background (Asian, Black, Hispanic etc), you probably may want to look in other areas like Chandler, Tempe and Phoenix.

HOWEVER

In terms of business opportunities and real estate, I think QC is where you should focus on. I think it's starting to boom. The housing is very affordable there and it's not so distant that you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. Queen Creek is adjacent to Gilbert and Chandler to the southeast. It still feels like it is a part of the Valley.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:18 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,618 times
Have you checked out their website? Lots of good information: Queen Creek, AZ : Home

Old 06-28-2016, 12:08 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,472 times
I'm living in the DC burbs and in the process of moving back to QC. I liked it enough to move back several times. First time I lived there was before anyone lived there and I had a lot of acreage (early 90's). I left almost two years ago and will be relocating back in several months.
There was Kohl's, Target, Ross, Walmart when I left but I don't know if there is anymore shopping in addition to that now, say...TJ Maxx or Marshall's. There is a new movie theater and I know they don't charge $11.00 for a seat like they do here. As far as restaurants I don't really know. I like it though and it works for me. I drive a lot so it makes no difference if I want to go hike, boating, see a game etc., ...I'll drive the distance.
There are a lot of LDS but that means there is little crime. There are other churches too. In my opinion, the LDS don't like their kids playing with non-LDS so the kids aren't real polite, but the parents are nice. Plenty of us non-LDS riff raff to hang out with and we aren't criminals either.
Move there. Everything is pushing out East. Good time to buy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area