Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 PM

6,316 posts, read 6,864,802 times

Advertisements

The scariest is when you, and an other guy two lanes over next to you, both try to merge into the lane in-between you. That has happened to me on the occasion.

Also, if the HOV lane is not in the 6-9 am and 3-7 pm time frame on Mondays through Fridays, it should be the super fast lane (or if you can't get over and need to use the HOV exit ramp on a loop, I get that). Really there is no other reason to be over there outside of those times, the freeways are tolerable. But rush hour yes, carpool lane only.

You guys should drive in Tucson. The right lane is the fast lane and everyone goes 10 miles per hour less and cuts you off with only inches to spare and it's constantly stop and go because of poorly timed and a multitude of stop lights I'd drive in Phoenix any day over Tucson believe me...

Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,996,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
If you believe in being a timid driver, lacking any bit of assertion, you are actually endangering yourself far more than if you simply made a move and allowed traffic to continue to flow. Your kids will appreciate the latter. Don't kid yourself into believing that your hesitating is simply being cautious. It's dangerous.

How large of a gap do you need someone to give you to squeeze in a Hyundai? Should they come to a crawl so you aren't scared changing lanes? Look, sitting in your lane with your blinker on begging for accommodation isn't going to work. You'll likely continue to anger other drivers and endanger yourself.
Exactly if everybody behaved in a open and deliberate fashion traffic would flow better and the roads would be safer.

You see a gap? You flick that signal on and get over, it's part of big city driving. I remember when I moved to LA I was thrown back at how often everyone cuts you off without making you brake, the timid here in Phoenix slow down to get in front of you. That's dangerous!

Old 08-23-2016, 08:48 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,706,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Exactly if everybody behaved in a open and deliberate fashion traffic would flow better and the roads would be safer.

You see a gap? You flick that signal on and get over, it's part of big city driving. I remember when I moved to LA I was thrown back at how often everyone cuts you off without making you brake, the timid here in Phoenix slow down to get in front of you. That's dangerous!
Someone gets it!

Old 08-23-2016, 09:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,264,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Are you slow minded? Just curious. Cherry picking from my post would suggest so. Next time, read my post throughout its entirety. Ok?
I quoted your post and my post applied to it from the first word to the last. No cherry picking at all, feel free to apply it to your entire post.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:29 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,264,655 times
Funny I just stumbled across this...

Phoenix has most aggressive drivers in country

Old 08-23-2016, 09:46 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,517,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Funny I just stumbled across this...

Phoenix has most aggressive drivers in country
I certainly believe it and I think summertime brings out the aggressiveness and stupidity in drivers more than other seasons, it has got to be the heat.

The most unnerving part is when the aggressive reckless drivers admit being aggressive and reckless but have no regrets about their very dangerous criminal behavior.

Read sexxxcblac's response upthread for a good example of a driver who I believe is too immature and irresponsible to even have a license based on what he wrote.

Drivers like him are why the rest of us should practice good defensive driving skills and be alert to avoid serious life-threatening accidents.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:06 AM

594 posts, read 701,832 times
Talking Java Jolt......I will do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I certainly believe it and I think summertime brings out the aggressiveness and stupidity in drivers more than other seasons, it has got to be the heat.

The most unnerving part is when the aggressive reckless drivers admit being aggressive and reckless but have no regrets about their very dangerous criminal behavior.

Read sexxxcblac's response upthread for a good example of a driver who I believe is too immature and irresponsible to even have a license based on what he wrote.

Drivers like him are why the rest of us should practice good defensive driving skills and be alert to avoid serious life-threatening accidents.
But I have to admit........being under your skin is kind of warm and fuzzy.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:14 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,517,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
But I have to admit........being under your skin is kind of warm and fuzzy.
In other words you're an internet troll.

Isn't it past your bedtime little boy?

Old 08-24-2016, 04:41 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,366,782 times
These same people also have to come to an almost total stop before they can turn into a side street, business, or driveway. They're going fifty miles and hour and then suddenly the brakes are slammed on. No turn signal of course, it's just as if they are coming to a complete halt in the middle of the road. Then S-L-O-W-L-Y they turn.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,997,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Interesting. I have a bunch of projects going in Lincolnshire (basically north west suburbs). I grew up part of my childhood in Lake Forest, so I know the whole area well, and when I'm over in LF, it's very friendly. Then again, that's a high area so I kind of expect people to be a little bit more refined. I also have a server farm in Schaumburg and the drive over there is like a nut house. I have seriously seen things that I have never seen in any other place, and I've been a lot of places. I don't know what it is. It's like people are just angry with life or something. The city doesn't seem too bad though. I don't drive down there too often anymore.

It must be something with where I drive around Phoenix too. I don't have too much trouble with anyone on the road. Maybe my expectations are different.
Traffic around Schaumburg (especially Woodfield around Christmas) is amongst the worst in the nation. I expect a little grouchiness.

As for seeing bad driving habits, I saw a doozy the other morning. I saw an idiot in a Nissan Titan completely swerve from the far left lane, across all three lanes, just to make his exit. The kicker is he almost hit the steel divider for the off-ramp, causing him to lock up his brakes (smoke and all). I swear, the drivers out here are the absolute worst bunch of careless boneheads youll ever see. At least in Chicago they know how to drive. Here, when its raining, everyone does 30mph like theyre driving on black ice or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area