Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:54 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,512,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
My daughter lives around 40th and Osborn, and I am around Price and the 202/101 interchange. Close to Chandler Mall.

I have driven that alot. I go Queen creek rd to I 10 north to the Airport cutoff (383 or something) to McDowell. Go left on Mcd and then north on 44th st. to Osborn (Campbell).

It takes me 40 minutes usually. I did it in rush hour 2 days ago and was there in 35 minutes, but going south on the I 10 at evening rush hour is a pain.

Price Rd is getting more and more companies which means more traffic. Why don't you come to SE Chandler and find a place to live. Nice homes around here.
Well-written about living in Chandler close to work.

I don't know if Arcadia is any nicer than Chandler but Chandler has lots of great neighborhoods with low crime and the commute would be less of a headache.

I think the OP is going to have some congested traffic on the way to work no matter what shift is chosen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 02:55 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,306,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
Hello.
Could you send me a pm about your company and what they offer for pay and benefits?
Your location would be less driving for me and what I might be looking for in different work schedules.
I sent you a direct message about the company I work for, and where you can go to look for employment opportunities. There are various open positions at either our downtown location or in Tempe where I'm based, and some of them have the flexible shifts that you're wanting. From your home in Arcadia, the commute to work would be a lot less than that firm you applied with in south Chandler. It all comes down to weighing the salary scales, benefits, distance to work, traffic, and other things to determine what company is best for you.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:07 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,439,660 times
Quote:
Hello.
I'm interviewing for a position at a company in Chandler that looks promising. It's on Price near where the 101 and 202 interchange. I live in the Arcadia area near 40th Street and Campbell so this will be a lengthy commute if I'm accepted.
If I'm offered the position I can request a flex shift or evening shift but it's not a guarantee I'll get it. I don't like the 9 to 5 routine very much, and most of all I don't like driving in congested rush hour traffic.
On the drive to work it looks like I could take 44th Street south, get on the 202 and go east, take that to the 101 and go straight down. If I work evenings I'm thinking I might run into some heavy traffic going to work.
Does anyone else commute this way, and what's the thickness of traffic like? I'm curious about all times of day.
If anyone has ideas for a better route I'd be open to suggestions.
I live on 50th and Thomas, take 52nd down to 202 East, then 101 South to my job around Ray Rd and 101

- The commute to start work at 7AM is 20-22 minutes, from driveway to desk
- 8AM - 101 South chokes as you pass the 60. 25-26 minutes....22 minutes if you speed and take the HOV lane when it starts to choke.
- 9AM same as 7AM

I've gone to work mid-day around 12, 1, 2 ish and the commute is quick, 20 minutes

Old 09-13-2016, 02:47 PM

249 posts, read 189,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I sent you a direct message about the company I work for, and where you can go to look for employment opportunities. There are various open positions at either our downtown location or in Tempe where I'm based, and some of them have the flexible shifts that you're wanting. From your home in Arcadia, the commute to work would be a lot less than that firm you applied with in south Chandler. It all comes down to weighing the salary scales, benefits, distance to work, traffic, and other things to determine what company is best for you.

I got your message and I sent back a reply.
Thanks for the information but I accepted this position at the Chandler company and I chose the evening schedule with a shift differential. Not only will I be earning more money than in my current job, I'll be making an extra bonus by working later hours and avoiding the dreaded 9 to 5 routine.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I live on 50th and Thomas, take 52nd down to 202 East, then 101 South to my job around Ray Rd and 101

- The commute to start work at 7AM is 20-22 minutes, from driveway to desk
- 8AM - 101 South chokes as you pass the 60. 25-26 minutes....22 minutes if you speed and take the HOV lane when it starts to choke.
- 9AM same as 7AM

I've gone to work mid-day around 12, 1, 2 ish and the commute is quick, 20 minutes

That's good information.
I'll be driving the reverse commute working an evening shift at the company I was hired at. Is traffic pretty choked up going south on the 101 past the 60 in the mid afternoons?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I'll be driving the reverse commute working an evening shift at the company I was hired at. Is traffic pretty choked up going south on the 101 past the 60 in the mid afternoons?
My understanding is the 101 can be congested both ways around the 60 interchange during afternoon rush hour, and then you're going to have the strong possibility of backed up traffic going south on the 101 through Tempe & Chandler. You didn't specify what time you would be starting work, so I'd even expect some slowing on the eastbound 202 in Tempe depending on how late in the afternoon you would be commuting. On the other hand, coming home late at night should be a breeze with very little traffic, except maybe on Friday nights.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:46 PM

Thank you.
I'm expecting some choked up traffic on the way to this new job in the afternoon, but I drive in standard rush hour now and live pretty close to my present job so I should be used to traffic.
Any alternative freeway routes I could take? What's the 10 like driving east and south, and the Chandler leg of the 202 driving east from the 10 in the afternoons?

Old 09-17-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Any alternative freeway routes I could take? What's the 10 like driving east and south, and the Chandler leg of the 202 driving east from the 10 in the afternoons?
I10 going east will be likely be backed up starting from around the 51/10/202 interchange all the way into the SE Valley. It's not a good alternate route. You're better off going the way you envisioned: 44th Street to the 202, and then 101 south. Either way, you're going to run into some rush hour traffic. It's too bad you couldn't find something within closer proximity of where you live that has the shift you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area