Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 01:23 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,480,426 times

Advertisements

There are also a number of farmer's markets that are re-opening as the weather starts to cool off. There is one in the park on the north side of Cactus, just east of the 51.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 01:59 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,312,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
There are also a number of farmer's markets that are re-opening as the weather starts to cool off. There is one in the park on the north side of Cactus, just east of the 51.
That one has been there most of, if not all summer. I have only stopped there once; I found it to be pricey.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:09 PM

31 posts, read 87,329 times
Here are a couple of suggestions coming from a long term 'picker' in the Phoenix area:

If willing to make the long drive out to the East side, I would recommend the Apache Trail Swap Meet at 9452 E. Apace Trail in Mesa.

There are several good sized Antique Malls in the Mesa area that during the fall, winter and spring months have regular outdoor flea market style parking lot sales. Check out the Main Antique Mall, Call It New / Call It Antique and the Grand Antique Mall (all in Mesa).

The Brass Armadillo location in Phoenix (off I-17 & Cactus) has outdoor parking lot sales every other week.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction and happy hunting (for whatever it is that you collect!).

Old 09-30-2016, 07:16 PM

Also, if willing to make the drive, I would also highly recommend Peddler's Pass Flea Market in Prescott (about 90 minutes north of Phoenix) at 6201 E. Highway 69 in Prescott Valley.

Also, be sure to visit downtown Prescott, which features several blocks of antique shops

There are two options to the south of Phoenix in Tucson:

Tanque Verde Swap Meet: 4100 S. Palo Verde Road
Note: The best time to visit the Tanque Verde Swap meet is Friday or Saturday starting in the early evening (if you show up during the day it is mostly deserted).

Tohono O'odham Swap Meet: 5721 S. Westover Ave
Note: This is the flea market to show up to during the day in Tucson!

Tuscon is great for a weekend day picking trip: visit Tohono in the morning and Tanque Verde in the evening (in between hit the antique shops in Tuscon)

Old 09-30-2016, 07:22 PM

I have made several 'picking' trips to Denver over the years and the Mile High Flea Market is one of only two 5 star flea markets that I have visited, with the other being Denio's Swap Meet in the Sacramento area.

The best flea markets (IMO) in the Southwest are actually located outside the Phoenix area and involve a 3 or 4 day weekend trip.

Las Vegas features Broadacres Market Place on 2930 N. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas is also very good for antiquing.

In Albuquerque you will find the Expo Flea Market at the fairgrounds (300 San Pedro Dr NE). Be careful because the market is actually closed for several weekends during September when the annual fair takes place. Albuquerque also includes a high volume of antique malls and indoor flea markets. Plan at least 3 days to see everything!

Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,945,681 times
We use to go to Mile High flea market when we live din Aurora..... Always found lots of stuff that you never saw anywhere else...

Old 12-16-2016, 12:48 AM

3,411 posts, read 4,649,045 times
So I went to the Mesa Market Place Swap meet couple weeks ago, it's a nice area with plenty of shops, collectible art and decorations. I bought a hand painted Mexican clay sculpture there. I like the shopping and i'll go back there again, however, it's not exactly a flea market that I used to go in Commerce City in Colorado with all the used stuff and the fresh food market stands.

Mile High Flea market = Phoenix Park 'N Swap + Mesa Market Place + the Brass Armadillo + farmers market combined together but much bigger.

Guess I'll keep looking around.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,997,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From Mars View Post
I have made several 'picking' trips to Denver over the years and the Mile High Flea Market is one of only two 5 star flea markets that I have visited, with the other being Denio's Swap Meet in the Sacramento area.
I know Denio's in Roseville. I don't know that I would call it a 5 star flea market but the one that beats them all is the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area