Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 04:42 PM

3,408 posts, read 4,629,946 times

Advertisements

What are some of the biggest and best flea markets at decent prices to check out in metro area?

I used to go to the Mile High Flea market in Commerce City near Denver when I lived up there and bought stuff over the years, does Phoenix have anything similar?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 05:08 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
There's a large swap meet at the old Greyhound Park off 38th Street and Washington by the airport.

Phoenix Park

I've been a couple of times, some of it is good deals, a lot of it is unlicensed junk, but it's a swap meet

Old 09-23-2016, 05:53 PM

94 posts, read 119,616 times
Glendale drive in theater swap meet (yes Glendale has a DRIVE IN STILL!!). 55th Ave south of Bethany Home West Wind Glendale Swap Meet in Arizona | Weekend Entertainment, Bargain Shopping, and Family Fun

Old 09-24-2016, 09:02 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,982,810 times
A friend mentioned Thieves Market in Temple last night. Supposed to be a killer place if your looking for vintage stuff.

Thieves Market Home

Old 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM

595 posts, read 1,255,740 times
Not enough of them!

Old 09-26-2016, 11:09 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Here's another:

We're all about Recreational Shopping!

Old 09-26-2016, 11:10 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,157 times
Just making sure, you did mean flea market, and not farmers market, (based on the picture).

The only one I know of (but have never been into) is an indoor flea market on the SE corner of 43rd Ave and Thunderbird. Its only open Fri, Sat, Sun.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:42 AM

3,408 posts, read 4,629,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Just making sure, you did mean flea market, and not farmers market, (based on the picture).

The only one I know of (but have never been into) is an indoor flea market on the SE corner of 43rd Ave and Thunderbird. Its only open Fri, Sat, Sun.
Mile High Flea market in Commerce City has a section dedicated to local farmers that bring their fruits and veggies to the flea market and sells them, so it's a mix of farmers markets and people who sell their stuff. There are merchants that rent out a small building annually to sell their stuff which provides shade, and daily sellers that rent a parking spot outside on the pavement. You basically have to drive your vehicle and unload your stuff on a table, and provide your own shade.

http://milehighfleamarket.com/en/sell/

From the posts above, I think Mesa Market Place and Phoenix Park 'n Swap are what I had in mind. The other places mentioned, I'll also take a peek at them when I make another trip down there.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:56 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddandano View Post
Glendale drive in theater swap meet (yes Glendale has a DRIVE IN STILL!!). 55th Ave south of Bethany Home West Wind Glendale Swap Meet in Arizona | Weekend Entertainment, Bargain Shopping, and Family Fun
Heck I might go this weekend If I get a chance. I'm getting tired of buying fruit (from one of four different places), and half the time they have white fuzzies on 'em the next day. This one is real close to me, and the cheapest.

I noticed that thieves market opens back up tomorrow.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:33 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Mile High Flea market in Commerce City has a section dedicated to local farmers that bring their fruits and veggies to the flea market and sells them, so it's a mix of farmers markets and people who sell their stuff. There are merchants that rent out a small building annually to sell their stuff which provides shade, and daily sellers that rent a parking spot outside on the pavement. You basically have to drive your vehicle and unload your stuff on a table, and provide your own shade.

Your place to sell

From the posts above, I think Mesa Market Place and Phoenix Park 'n Swap are what I had in mind. The other places mentioned, I'll also take a peek at them when I make another trip down there.
I've just been to the Mesa one, and IMO that flea market is not what "real" flea markets are all about. They are full of the same stuff over and over; many of the vendors are all run/owned by the same company. (This was evident when I was there with a friend who wanted a t-shirt for her husband and they didn't have his size. The person working the booth called 3 other booths down the line looking for it) A lot of the stuff when I was there was the exact same stuff you see in those super cheap gift shops in Vegas selling shirts 3/$10 and dresses 2/$15.

The Thieves Market in Tempe seems more like what I would consider a real flea market; people bringing in their own unique stuff, more like a big garage sale rather than just cheap merch stores set up in tents. That one re-opens this Saturday. There is an admission, which annoys me a bit (why should I have to spend money to get in to spend money?) but it's just $3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area