Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 PM

28 posts, read 194,262 times

Advertisements

I have had such a miserable day today with the nine iches of snow we got today, I could have cried. Found your thread and died laughing!! Thanks Joe_Ryder, I needed that! Have a wonderful day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM

264 posts, read 1,087,390 times
Wait, so you mean it's actually hot in a Desert?!? No wayyyyyyyy

Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 AM

945 posts, read 2,528,492 times
That is too funny!! I love it!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:12 AM

195 posts, read 1,169,833 times
Default Same thing for every state

Okay it was kinda funny, but I've read this kind of thing soooo many times. There's one for Florida as well, with just a few things diff (but the baked cat part is the same). There's also one for Mass, that's HILARIOUS!! That one ends with the person going to jail too, he wacks the city snow-plow driver over the head with his shovel for once again burying his car in snow....funny stuff!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,199,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssundown View Post
I have had such a miserable day today with the nine iches of snow we got today, I could have cried. Found your thread and died laughing!! Thanks Joe_Ryder, I needed that! Have a wonderful day.
Better 115F @ 10% humidity (in the shade admittedly) than 9" of Evil White Stuff

I am originally from the Mid Atlantic area so I can talk smack about their weather.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:57 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,385,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Better 115F @ 10% humidity (in the shade admittedly) than 9" of Evil White Stuff

I am originally from the Mid Atlantic area so I can talk smack about their weather.
I agree.

As a teen, I spent 2 winters in eastern North Dakota, and I remember one day where we had 40 below and a 57 mph wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also spent 4 years in Michigan

After those experiences, I'd be totally happy never to seen snow again.

Ken

Old 03-02-2008, 12:00 PM

307 posts, read 955,583 times
Default 3 million plus residents have not melted yet!

Funny post - or not depending on individual experiences in the Phoenix summer heat...

Anyhow, it always goes back to YMMV - you mileage may vary.

I mean come on...

If you can't stand the heat...

drive 1-2 hours North to Arizona's high country!

Flagstaff summer temps - usually highest 80-90 degrees with low humidity!

Remember, always plan for the worst if you can, then hope for the best!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM

435 posts, read 1,577,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

"Evil white stuff"?? Huh? This may shock you, but some of us outdoor types actually like snow. Here in CO, it's been a banner year for skiing- the San Juans are at 167% of their 100-year average snowpack. LOVE IT! Powder days galore! Yesterday I was at Telluride- 50 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, nothing but the white fluffy stuff all around to play in- and wearing only a vest and a thin sweater. Closest thing to heaven there is. Tell you what- keep your oppressive, miserable, housebound summers, I'll take this evil white stuff and 365 days a year of outdoor recreation any day, thanks.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:04 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,787,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I agree.

As a teen, I spent 2 winters in eastern North Dakota, and I remember one day where we had 40 below and a 57 mph wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also spent 4 years in Michigan

After those experiences, I'd be totally happy never to seen snow again.

Ken
We had record snow fall here in Colorado this year, and last year we had five major blizzards that shut the place down hard. I hate driving on the "white evil stuff", it compounds into ice. Im tired of not being able to go to work, or my child missing school. I lived in HOT places before so I will also be happy if I never get to see snow again. As of March 4, bring on the HEAT. The wife and I like to sit inside and watch episodes of 24 when it gets too hot. Good times.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:54 PM

435 posts, read 1,577,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
We had record snow fall here in Colorado this year, and last year we had five major blizzards that shut the place down hard. I hate driving on the "white evil stuff", it compounds into ice. Im tired of not being able to go to work, or my child missing school. I lived in HOT places before so I will also be happy if I never get to see snow again. As of March 4, bring on the HEAT. The wife and I like to sit inside and watch episodes of 24 when it gets too hot. Good times.
Powder hounds versus couch potatoes- the lines have been drawn. I know which side I fall on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area