Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 03:50 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,237,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
You are totally clueless on this...
Maybe Joe changed his cell phone # and that's why he didn't get a call. Read Arpaio: Trump hasn't called me yet | TheHill
"Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona said he has not heard from President-elect Donald Trump about a possible position in his Cabinet.

"I haven't got a call from him" he told The Phoenix New Times on Thursday...."

Allow me to translate: Joe wanted a position. He thought he was a shoe-in. Maybe Trump doesn't like (election) losers? Nothing new here. He also left Rudy, Newt and Gov. Chris Christie on the alter. None of them were offered inner circle positions and all three had their head up Trump's arse (past the neck too). I'm very sure all three will be at the inauguration as well. So much for Trumps "Loyalty" that people talk about.

While we are discussing picks, where is the birther Jan Brewer? She was bypassed too.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 12-18-2016 at 04:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Since obama has been caught in so many many lies over the last 8 years Sheriff Joe is probably right, maybe Trump will leak more of obama's and clintons checkered past once he is in office as POTUS
We can only hope"
You seem biased. Unfortunately, it is "presidential" to lie. See Trumps lies: Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies | Daily Wire (trumps lies), Bush lies: List Of George W. Bush Lies , All False statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact etc etc etc. Bill Clinton Outrage: AP 'Fact Check' Notes Bill Clinton's Record of Lying | The Weekly Standard . They all lie: Our lying presidents

Old 12-18-2016, 08:29 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,818,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Maybe Joe changed his cell phone # and that's why he didn't get a call. Read Arpaio: Trump hasn't called me yet | TheHill
"Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona said he has not heard from President-elect Donald Trump about a possible position in his Cabinet.

Allow me to translate: Joe wanted a position. He thought he was a shoe-in. Maybe Trump doesn't like (election) losers? Nothing new here. He also left Rudy, Newt and Gov. Chris Christie on the alter. None of them were offered inner circle positions and all three had their head up Trump's arse (past the neck too). I'm very sure all three will be at the inauguration as well. So much for Trumps "Loyalty" that people talk about.

While we are discussing picks, where is the birther Jan Brewer? She was bypassed too.

Wouldn't that make a great SNL skit...lol

I was a fan of Joe's before these last few years where he's trying to hard to be a "rock star" sheriff. At 80 yrs old just retire and take care of your wife now. As to Giuliani and Christie,they were offered and both turned down positions in Trumps cabinet.

Just to be "Fair & Balanced"

Quote:
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who had lobbied publicly to be Donald Trump’s secretary of state, said Tuesday that the president-elect offered him two “Cabinet-level positions” in government that he turned down because he “didn’t want to do it.”
As far as I'm concerned, he fulfilled whatever loyalty that entails,” Giuliani said, referencing the two other job offers he said he received. “I mean, it was my own decision not to do it, largely because of my personal life.
Quote:
A few weeks ago, Christie publicly said that he wants to serve out his term as New Jersey governor and wouldn’t jump to join the Trump administration right away.

Christie had reportedly also been lobbying for RNC chair, and a report on that a few days ago not only said he and Trump both agreed he wouldn’t take the job, but that “Trump’s team is continuing to talk to the New Jersey governor… about various other positions in the incoming administration.”

Old 12-18-2016, 09:47 AM

656 posts, read 816,873 times
Yeah, they don't belong here? But you brought them here! Paradox for the racist.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:43 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,955,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why?
There has been no transparency from the obama administration during his presidency and the American people deserve to know the truth of what has been going on behind the scenes for the last 8 years.

For example, I am sure the American people want to know about billions in gold sent as ransom to iran to release illegally seized American hostages?

Old 12-18-2016, 02:50 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,689,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
There has been no transparency from the obama administration during his presidency and the American people deserve to know the truth of what has been going on behind the scenes for the last 8 years.

For example, I am sure the American people want to know about billions in gold sent as ransom to iran to release illegally seized American hostages?
Obama's birth certificate origin will provide you with proof that gold was sent to Iran? I won't hold my breath. Might want to lay off the conspiracy "news" sites for a bit.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:49 PM

784 posts, read 925,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

I'm sorry but I'm not going to take anything printed from the Hill.com as real.....there is zero % that Arpaio was expecting a cabinet seat.....Newt didn't want a cabinet slot, he is a senior adviser.....Christie was offered several picks and turned them down...and Rudy would only agree to SOS....which I didn't think he was the person for that job.....Trump is going to work these people to death and Rudy could't keep the pace.

Trump has to fill 4000 jobs...most of which haven't even started to be selected....and won't be until the number 1 and number 2 people of the departments are in place.

If Arpaio wants a job there will be one waiting for him, that you can take to the bank.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:44 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,984,953 times
I am pretty sure Arpaio is correct - there is evidence of 'changes' on the document that was put forward by the White House as being authentic. Chances are though that the changes would not have affected whether Obama could be President - as I am also pretty certain that he was born in the US, though maybe not exactly where it is claimed he was born. I also think there is a good chance that he was not fathered by the person named on that certificate (in other words, his last name never should have been Obama as he is not related to Obama Sr. or any of that clan - it probably should have been Marshall) and I think there is also a good probability that his birthdate may not be quite right either.

I am not sure why all the cover up if it would not have affected his ability to run for or be president - but perhaps Bill Ayers knows. There is a LOT we don't know about this president .. so either he is ashamed of things in his past (rightly or wrongly) or he was effectively 'manufactured' for a 'purpose' by a group of very sinister and powerful people. I do hope we eventually find out the truth though .. we don't have it now.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:48 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,338,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not going to take anything printed from the Hill.com as real.....there is zero % that Arpaio was expecting a cabinet seat.....Newt didn't want a cabinet slot, he is a senior adviser.....Christie was offered several picks and turned them down...and Rudy would only agree to SOS....which I didn't think he was the person for that job.....Trump is going to work these people to death and Rudy could't keep the pace.

Trump has to fill 4000 jobs...most of which haven't even started to be selected....and won't be until the number 1 and number 2 people of the departments are in place.

If Arpaio wants a job there will be one waiting for him, that you can take to the bank.
Newt wanted SOS among other cabinet positions and wasn't given one.

The point you are missing is all of these pre-election well publicized Trump supporters like Newt, Arpaio, Brewer, Christie and Giuliani were not rewarded. Trump went with his own people and didn't really care what those people did for him pre-election. In fact, he did the opposite. Trump rewarded his opponents like Ben Carson and Nikki Haley and considered Romney for SOS.

Also, the type of job they are given matters. These aforementioned people were discussed as getting possible relevant jobs. There are thousands of worthless jobs that the President can appoint people to. If Arpaio gets named ambassador to Arizona, that doesn't really count. LOL

Last edited by azriverfan.; 12-18-2016 at 10:06 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Newt wanted SOS among other cabinet positions and wasn't given one.

The point you are missing is all of these pre-election well publicized Trump supporters like Newt, Arpaio, Brewer, Christie and Giuliani were not rewarded. Trump went with his own people and didn't really care what those people did for him pre-election. In fact, he did the opposite. Trump rewarded his opponents like Ben Carson and Nikki Haley and considered Romney for SOS.

Also, the type of job they are given matters. These aforementioned people were discussed as getting possible relevant jobs. There are thousands of worthless jobs that the President can appoint people to. If Arpaio gets named ambassador to Arizona, that doesn't really count. LOL
Exactly ^^!! The people with their head up Trump's arse the farthest didn't get any prominent positions. All were given the same story so that they could save face in the public eye: "I was offered all kinds of key jobs but not the one I wanted". B.S.

Re: Joe and Jan. Trump carried Arizona. Joe and Jan usefulness to Trump is over. Toss them aside, because Trump is picking people he considers more succe$$ful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area