Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 05:39 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,205,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not going to take anything printed from the Hill.com as real.....there is zero % that Arpaio was expecting a cabinet seat.....
You can chose to ignore a quote that Joe gave to Phoenix News Times. That interview was carried by 20 different news organizations. Source: Sheriff Arpaio was Prepared to Resign If He'd Won Re-Election, Possibly for Trump Job | Phoenix New Times

But he has flip flopped in an interview denying and later confirming he wanted a spot. Some quoted phrases:
"The call — it may come at any time," Arpaio said.

But Arpaio said he won't chase after Trump for a job.

"I haven't got a call from him" about a position, Arpaio said. "I'm not gonna bother him. I could talk to him, but I'm not going to."

Arpaio claimed that he knows Stephen Bannon, Trump's controversial pick for chief-of-staff, "very well from way back."

"So I know all these guys in the administration," Arpaio said, adding that his appointment would be "all up to them."

I mention all of this because you were questioning azriverfan. More specifically, calling him "totally clueless". Not so fast... My point was that Joe's own words suggest the opposite. Deep down, he was hoping for a call. Someone who wants to be in the limelight soooooooooooooooooooo fricken bad, will want to be as close as possible to the POTUS. He would want nothing more than to be appointed a position. As Joe was accurately quoted: it would be "all up to them." So far, he only has heard crickets. He has clearly been snubbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 05:10 PM

784 posts, read 924,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Newt wanted SOS among other cabinet positions and wasn't given one.

The point you are missing is all of these pre-election well publicized Trump supporters like Newt, Arpaio, Brewer, Christie and Giuliani were not rewarded. Trump went with his own people and didn't really care what those people did for him pre-election. In fact, he did the opposite. Trump rewarded his opponents like Ben Carson and Nikki Haley and considered Romney for SOS.

Also, the type of job they are given matters. These aforementioned people were discussed as getting possible relevant jobs. There are thousands of worthless jobs that the President can appoint people to. If Arpaio gets named ambassador to Arizona, that doesn't really count. LOL
Once again your post prove that you have no clue what you are posting about.

Very early after the election Newt withdrew himself out of any consideration for any cabinet position..that is a fact. He is still in a high ranking position of which he is uniquely qualified for....“senior chief advisor”.

Jeff Sessions was the highest ranking republican that came out in support of Trump first....he is Attorney General.

Both Brewer and Arpaio are at age where they couldn't possible keep up with the work load that Trump is going to require....any person putting forth that either was ever going to be considered at a cabinet level job should go back and join the kids table and leave the rest of this discussion to the adults.

Carson and his supporters flipped over to Trump early on in the primary race.....this I personally know is a fact since I worked with many of them.

Tell you what....I'll start to believe those that can first show us their previous posts predicting a Trump win...until then why would we care about anything that you have to say about him.....

Old 12-19-2016, 05:12 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,000,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Newt wanted SOS among other cabinet positions and wasn't given one.

The point you are missing is all of these pre-election well publicized Trump supporters like Newt, Arpaio, Brewer, Christie and Giuliani were not rewarded. Trump went with his own people and didn't really care what those people did for him pre-election. In fact, he did the opposite. Trump rewarded his opponents like Ben Carson and Nikki Haley and considered Romney for SOS.

Also, the type of job they are given matters. These aforementioned people were discussed as getting possible relevant jobs. There are thousands of worthless jobs that the President can appoint people to. If Arpaio gets named ambassador to Arizona, that doesn't really count. LOL
God forbid!

Old 12-19-2016, 05:21 PM

784 posts, read 924,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You can chose to ignore a quote that Joe gave to Phoenix News Times. That interview was carried by 20 different news organizations. Source: Sheriff Arpaio was Prepared to Resign If He'd Won Re-Election, Possibly for Trump Job | Phoenix New Times
So 20 different news organizations carried a supposed quote by Joe and you want to take that to the bank...for real....yeah we've never seen 20+ "news organizations" ever carry anything that wasn't false......

The one thing that most of you "geniuses" are forgetting is that the first thing that will get fixed is Joe's political prosecution....then soon after that he will be on the team...don't doubt me....lol

Old 12-19-2016, 11:10 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,320,722 times
Quote:
Once again your post prove that you have no clue what you are posting about.

Very early after the election Newt withdrew himself out of any consideration for any cabinet position..that is a fact. He is still in a high ranking position of which he is uniquely qualified for....“senior chief advisor”.

Jeff Sessions was the highest ranking republican that came out in support of Trump first....he is Attorney General.

Both Brewer and Arpaio are at age where they couldn't possible keep up with the work load that Trump is going to require....any person putting forth that either was ever going to be considered at a cabinet level job should go back and join the kids table and leave the rest of this discussion to the adults.

Carson and his supporters flipped over to Trump early on in the primary race.....this I personally know is a fact since I worked with many of them.

Tell you what....I'll start to believe those that can first show us their previous posts predicting a Trump win...until then why would we care about anything that you have to say about him.....
Jan Brewer is only 2 years older than Trump and was just governor of a state, yet her age precludes her from "possibly keeping up with the work load that Trump is going to require." Do what you did with regard to Romney and Haley, just don't say anything. It's better to do that than make something up.

Arpaio has not been offered anything. Arpaio supported Trump early in his campaign yet Trump has yet to return the favor. Arpaio has stated that Trump hasn't called him.

I see you ignored the issue of Romney being considered for Secretary of State. No mention of that?

I see you also ignored the Nikki Haley's appointment. She was also being considered for the Secretary of State position. She was an avid Trump opponent.

Carson was his opponent. Like Romney and Haley, Carson belittled Trump. Trump still chose Carson over many of his supporters. Trump recognizes that Carson is more talented than many of his supporters. Trump has show more respect and admiration for his opponents than his supporters.

If you had true insider knowledge then you would know that Newt was Trump's original pick to be VP. He was talked out of it because Newt was not thought to appeal to the far right. Pence was chosen to appeal to the base. Similarly, Newt was not in the running for any of the key cabinet positions. Knowing this, Newt had no interests in settling for one of the other positions. This is why he contrived some ambiguous title that has no real responsibility.

Keep Trying

Last edited by azriverfan.; 12-19-2016 at 11:53 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 11:48 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,320,722 times
Quote:

The one thing that most of you "geniuses" are forgetting is that the first thing that will get fixed is Joe's political prosecution....then soon after that he will be on the team...don't doubt me....lol
The judge has already ruled that the maximum punishment Joe can receive is a potential misdemeanor and a 30 day jail sentence. No one expects Joe to serve any jail time. A misdemeanor would not preclude Joe from serving in public office.

More excuses

Old 12-20-2016, 03:11 AM

Quote:
So 20 different news organizations carried a supposed quote by Joe
It wasn't a "supposed quote" but rather it was a quote. The quote supports the facts.

Quote:
If the litmus test for being a "genius" was accurately picking Trump to win, then Michael Moore is one of the only geniuses left in the world. In case you missed it, see 5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE . Even Tin Man knows Moore is a dimwit. So I guess we need to pick different criteria.

It sounds like you are suggesting you are in the inner circle.... When were you at Trump Tower's last? lol

Old 12-20-2016, 04:35 AM

There is a strong correlation with Trumps picks; nearly all of them have money. Most did it the old fashion way and they are selfmade. Yesterday he picked another succe$$ful person. Vincent Viola (1977 West Point grad) was picked for the secretary of the Army. Viola's net worth is $1.8B. I have to hand to the service academies because they seem to produce a lot of successful graduates.

Some people estimate Joe's net worth at around $500K. It seems in order to be a Trump pick, he is missing several zeros next to his net worth.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:17 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,614,622 times
When is his last day as Sheriff? He just needs to fade away now. He was voted out, he was passed over by Trump. Joe just doesn't get it. He was probably good at his job at some point but lost touch with reality years ago, long before I moved here (10 years ago).

Old 12-20-2016, 09:26 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,737,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
When is his last day as Sheriff? He just needs to fade away now. He was voted out, he was passed over by Trump. Joe just doesn't get it. He was probably good at his job at some point but lost touch with reality years ago, long before I moved here (10 years ago).
He couldn't or wouldn't go quietly. He just had to have another news conference before leaving office. Bye felicia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area