Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:12 PM

175 posts, read 180,559 times

Advertisements

So, I am moving to Gilbert In either April or May depending on when my job offer wants to start me. I have an apartment approved and has dates for me to move in both months. I have the money, ready to go! All I need now, is an affordable way to take care of my son.

The hours are going to very. The job is in Phoenix and there are on call times so sometimes; I may need someone at night. I have never had child care like this before (his father or my mother would watch him) so I have no idea how something like that would work. Is a nanny better? Babysitter? Is there a thing for both? And to be completely fair, looking at my budget, salary, etc, I would love low cost-income restricted if there is such a thing. I have a cat, for people who are allergic but other than that, its literally just the costs and varied days/nights that make this search extremely hard. Oh how I wish child care was more affordable. If I have to spend more, I will, but I am hoping to find somthing reasonable. Like, 200-300 a month if there is such a thing.

What is the best way to go about this?
I have Quality First Arizona Saved and Life Christian Child care. Thats all I was able to find out on my own. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 08:43 PM

848 posts, read 967,666 times
It would be great to find child care that cheap, but they always seem to be equivalent to a rent/mortgage payment per child (imagine what that's like where I'm from in Silicon Valley...). Double you tee eff is all I can think when I think of child care costs. 400-600 per month for the pair just might be manageable for our 3 year old and 1.5 year old to get my wife back to work again.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:17 AM

197 posts, read 271,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
It would be great to find child care that cheap, but they always seem to be equivalent to a rent/mortgage payment per child (imagine what that's like where I'm from in Silicon Valley...). Double you tee eff is all I can think when I think of child care costs. 400-600 per month for the pair just might be manageable for our 3 year old and 1.5 year old to get my wife back to work again.
Ha...exactly.

We just moved back to Arizona from the Bay Area. We were spending $2,500/mo on child care.

Arizona is so cheap and inexpensive it's not even funny.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:08 AM

Aww, im sorry, PhoenixSomeday, I hope your wife gets back to work, soon though! Your kids seem like they have great parents.

Woah! 2500 is INSANE!!!! HOW did you do it, AZJD?! The highest I saw for my son was 580 a month! I can only imagine paying quad my rent in child care. I swear, my son is the easiest kid to take care of, but 2 and a half years ago, I couldnt imagine how expensive it was. lol I have to work to keep a roof over our head but I didnt know then that child care to make that happen is just not fun. I wish it was cheaper. :/

Old 02-26-2017, 09:03 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Why on earth did you rent in Gilbert when your job is in Phoenix?

Old 02-26-2017, 09:07 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Why did you pick Gilbert to live, if you are working in Phoenix??? Long drive. And some on call too? You are adding more hassle to your child care problem by living so far from your job. Overnight child care is definitely going to be difficult. Prepare to up your estimate of $$$ for your childcare.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:38 AM

135 posts, read 165,436 times
I spend $1750 for Mon-Fri daycare for 2 kids. This is the cheapest I could find and I hate the cost being the deciding factor of where they attend daycare.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:54 AM

Because I am working part time in phoenix and full time in Gilbert lol

And thats a lot JMW, wow. I agree with you, there. How do you make it work?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Why did you pick Gilbert to live, if you are working in Phoenix??? Long drive. And some on call too? You are adding more hassle to your child care problem by living so far from your job. Overnight child care is definitely going to be difficult. Prepare to up your estimate of $$$ for your childcare.
Do you know of anything that does overnight? That would be really helpful!

Old 02-26-2017, 06:14 PM

135 posts, read 165,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
Because I am working part time in phoenix and full time in Gilbert lol

And thats a lot JMW, wow. I agree with you, there. How do you make it work?

We survive paycheck to paycheck. Clip coupons, don't eat out, my vehicle is paid off, but there is no room for error or unexpected expenses. I'm counting down the days till they start school.

In the meantime, I would happily accept any suggestions or leads for affordable, reliable, and safe daycare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area