Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:27 AM

483 posts, read 410,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
It advertises itself as a pizza joint (and it sells pizza too), but Amalfi Pizza has some great Italian food. It reminds me of the Italian food I've had in NYC, seems pretty legit. Owned by Sergio and Giuseppe Miele, who owned Miele's in Tempe.

Amalfi Pizzeria
This looks pretty good, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 10:32 AM

483 posts, read 410,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
It's always difficult to say if a place is "authentic." Does that mean it serves food actually found in Italy? The Italy of today? The Italy of 100 years ago? Pre-1492 Italy (no tomatoes)? A particular region of Italy? Or maybe the food created by Italian immigrants to the USA?

Likewise, George Costanza reminds us of why mom-and-pop aren't always the best. https://youtu.be/KGiAp6a6-ak?t=28s

With those caveats in mind, I recommend Marcellino. It's a bit upscale, but it is run by an actual couple, so I guess it's mom-and-pop in that respect. The pastas are made on the premises and consistently excellent in my experience.

Marcellino Ristorante

I'll also second the recommendation of Pomo's location in Downtown Phoenix.
I completely understand what you mean about saying authentic! In my view, I say authentic to mean that the food is not chain version Italian food!! More like the actual taste of food made by Italians in Italy. Also I do understand that not all mom and pops are good but I've had good luck with them myself. It just seems like that put alot of love in preparing the dishes from my experience. Thanks for the suggestion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area