Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:04 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Most are fine. The ones that came from NY are rude and the ones from the PNW are weird. The rest are fine.
Lol to the PNW. The most socially obscure crowd I've ever encountered. Love me some NYers though. Get'in the job done. Fast and assertive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Minnesota is friendlier than Arizona? Hmmm. Maybe it's because I lived up north and not down by the Cities. Northern Minnesotans are very cold and rude. Maybe it's because the climate is cold and rude. Dunno.

Anyhow, I'd say that Arizonans are very friendly with the exception of Tucson. I don't know what it is there, but folks aren't as friendly as they are in the rest of the state, IMHO.

Don't mistake cold for fiercely loyal. Once you get in, you will be treated like family. But yes northern MN (depending on the city) can be territorial. The cities have pretty much the most extroverted, friendly, considerate people I've ever had the pleasure to live with.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:29 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times
I think people in Phoenix, compared to NYC, are friendlier in a superficial way - the cashier at the supermarket will be very pleasant to you - but oddly maybe less friendly otherwise. But it's so individual that I don't think you should use that as a basis of choosing a city.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:40 AM

683 posts, read 852,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Lol to the PNW. The most socially obscure crowd I've ever encountered. Love me some NYers though. Get'in the job done. Fast and assertive.
Live in NY and please take them back with you. lol But thankfully I haven't encountered that annoying breed much here. It's great. Phoenix has some really friendly people I think .

Old 04-14-2017, 02:54 PM

226 posts, read 227,345 times
People in Phoenix are among the friendliest in the U.S. You won't find a friendlier bunch anywhere else in America.
(Disclaimer: I am a native Phoenician so this is obviously biased)

Old 04-16-2017, 10:33 AM

594 posts, read 698,211 times
But the flip side of the coin is do you really want to hear what some people have to say?
I mean really, with some people nothing but complaining come out their mouth.Do you really want to engage in conversation with these people?
Just look at the content on this forum, can you imagine these same negative people as your neighbor?
It's funny because these same people come on these sites and have the nerve to generalize a whole region of people as unfriendly.
The only person I'm concerned about being nice is me.
A nice demeanor, a pleasant disposition will cause anyone on this planet to give you a positive response.
And your fake smiles and expressions won't cut it.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:23 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
Grew up and live in suburbs of Los Angeles. When I was a teenager my family took multiple vacations in the western states. The people outside CA were so nice and friendly....Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado....

I recently had to attend a family function in Phoenix. The people I encountered reminded me of how nice the people were on those vacations. I'm kinda introverted while my wife is extroverted. She didn't notice it as much has I did.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:31 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times

Old 04-19-2017, 02:32 PM

594 posts, read 698,211 times
^^^^^
Hi neighbor, can I borrow a cup of sugar?

Old 04-19-2017, 02:39 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
^^^^^
Hi neighbor, can I borrow a cup of sugar?
You know where the market is...go buy your own. Stuff is expensive now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area