Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:15 AM

126 posts, read 111,084 times

Advertisements

Hello. We are moving from Ohio to Arizona and currently utilize ADT for home security, the bill is around $54 a month. Are there better or cheaper bill wise offerings in AZ that would be recommended? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 01:01 PM

550 posts, read 1,133,907 times
We are using Bonds Alarm Co., Inc. We pay 26.47$ per month for the monitoring. Recently I received an advertising from ADT where they said they lowered their price to 27.99$ per month (was 36.99$) Exclusive limited-time offer. 36 months monitoring agreement required (depending on the system they install).

Old 05-03-2017, 06:34 PM

2,773 posts, read 3,782,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg1724 View Post
Hello. We are moving from Ohio to Arizona and currently utilize ADT for home security, the bill is around $54 a month. Are there better or cheaper bill wise offerings in AZ that would be recommended? Thanks!
I went with ADT. The only reason being is that they offered fairly nice security equipment. Window sensors that detect not only the contacts separating but also they detect shock as well. Everything is wireless and I have a touchscreen in the master bedroom that tells us exactly which door is opened or where motion was detected. Plus, I can monitor every singe sensor from my phone while I'm at work. I pay what you paid ($55 a month) but for us, it's worth it.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:55 PM

40 posts, read 78,245 times
I don't know too much about other systems but I currently have ATT Digital Life and I cannot stress enough DO NOT GET THIS SYSTEM.

I could get very detailed, but I'll keep it brief:
  • The mobile app is terrible, it crashes or many times does not load sensor data or video footage
  • The mobile app does not always let you arm/disarm the alarm due to glitches
  • The cameras are poor quality, skip, and lag - you're much better off buying something like a Nest or Arlo
  • My wife accidentally set off the alarm once and they never even called us or the police regarding the alarm
  • You are supposed to be able to live stream the cameras; however, that only works about 10% of the time I do it both from the mobile app and the website application
  • Their customer service is terrible when you bring any of these problems to them
  • The website app and mobile app are constantly "down for updates" or maintenance preventing you from using them. Yet even with these updates and fixes, nothing seems to change. The company states you can still use your alarm system via the panel and you're still being protected; however, I highly doubt it
  • You sign a 2 year contract and it costs $720 - $30 for each month used to cancel it. So I'm at 6 months right now so it's $720 - ($30 x 6) = $540

Old 05-03-2017, 07:36 PM

161 posts, read 242,678 times
When we moved here, I was mostly concerned about petty theft and our Nextdoor did show reports of home invasions around the neighborhood which was deemed safe in the "nice part of town".

We used JPG Home Security based on the many five star Yelp reviews. Home Security Systems Phoenix AZ | JPG Security Consulting The owner is a former police officer, who knows what to look for when protecting the home around the property perimeter. We pay $39/month for wireless alarm system (we would have paid $35/month if we didn't have sensors placed on the windows). We've had no issues downloading the app, and we already had sensors on all our doors from the previous owner, which could be reused and was compatible with their system. Basically any time a window or door is opened, the system is alerted if I've armed the system. I can set the alarm system to be armed on my app away from home. We've accidentally set the alarm off twice and we get an immediate alert via the screen touchpad at home, in addition to an email and text notifying us of entry. We were offered a military discount (free month of service) also because DHs veteran status.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:44 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,758,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg1724 View Post
Are there better or cheaper bill wise offerings in AZ that would be recommended? Thanks!

Insurance for when you're not home, a dog and a mossberg 500 for when you are home. The dog will eat most of your savings, but keep you fit by demanding walks around your neighborhood- side benefit, you'll meet your neighbors too & they're a lot more likely to respond to burglars than any alarm company.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:27 AM

13,566 posts, read 7,532,326 times
Police response to home alarms is about 1 hour or never. I had an ADT system and a few times it went off they never even showed up I had to drive home turned out to be a bad motion sensor. I got rid of that and setup my own camera system which alerts me when sees movement on my property before they break in sends me a text message with a screen shot. I check it anyone I don't recognize I open my camera app take a look at it. Lucky for me haven't had my home broken into. Home invasions are very rare but can happen I'm armed with firearms but I also have security door with double sided key bolt lock we have 4 dogs that bark when someone comes around.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:44 PM

66 posts, read 53,491 times
I know a couple of installers who can install your own security system and you wont have to pay any monthly fees.
They offer free mobile app and it is very easy to use. You can see all of your camera on your phone, computer or on a separate monitor. It is a one time charge and they use professional grade camera. Private message me for contacts!

Old 05-04-2017, 02:04 PM

712 posts, read 849,301 times
simplisafe.com - $14.99 / mo for monitoring - its certified so you get certificate to qualify for insurance discount (pays for itself!)
NO contract required!

Old 05-04-2017, 02:19 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,319,837 times
Plus one on simplisafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: