Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:29 PM

63 posts, read 100,614 times

Advertisements

our last 2 houses had HOA but they were fairly soft on some of the rules in a higher scale neighbor hood. parking over night in the driveway was ok and working in your garage with the garage door open was also ok. that's why i am asking , just trying to get some idea about queen creek and san tan valley.
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 02:08 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,164,631 times
Another thing to consider...look at the age of the neighborhood. If the present residents haven't changed out the rules you don't like...they may like them that way. Less so with a newer neighborhood but I have seen newbs come into our HOA meetings wanting to change the CC&Rs and almost every time the response is...you read them when you bought here, yes? If you don't like the rules then you shouldn't have bought in the neighborhood.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:13 PM

KurtAZ, i have no problem at all with HOA's and i realize they do very from area to area and i guess i opened a can of worms.
i guess the best way to answer my question is to actually enquire about what is in their HOA's in the neighbor hoods we are interested in. i thank you and all the other people that posted information about this subject.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:09 PM

39 posts, read 72,715 times
I've lived in San Tan Valley for over 6 years (Copper Basin) and have had no problem the the HOA at all. They seem to be conscientious but certainly not overbearing. I've spoken with the local office several times over the years about different things and have always been completely satisfied with them.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 8,086,228 times
I own rental property both with and without an hoa

While I'm not a fan of hoa without one there is no guarantee what happens to the neighborhood.

Cars parked everywhere, landscaping ignored and junk left either in front or the side of the home.

None of which helps the resale value of your property.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who simply don't care what the front of their property looks like.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 PM

Border Scot, thanks for chiming ini appreciate it. well it sounds like the HOA's are sound fine and pretty fair and that's
one of the things i wanted to find out. one of our previous neighbor hoods had a couple of people on the board that thought
they owned everything and the power really went to their heads. lol lol . eventually they were removed from the board
and all was good and everything was back to normal. just seems that once in a while there is a real pickle that wants to
have all the power but at the same time its always good to hear that there are more level headed folks involed.
thanks.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:56 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times
the correct thing to do, will be when you find the exact area/home you want to live in, contact their mgmt company and get a copy of their rules, and read them to decide if you can live with it, or not..

remember, just because the hoa rules in one subdivision say something, there is no guarantee that the subdivision/community right next to them has the same rules...

Old 06-14-2017, 08:21 PM

wase4711, thanks for your advise and i agree with you. as i mentioned we have in the past lived in neighbor hoods
with HOA and still do at this time. the one thing that really bothers me in some by laws is your garage door must stay
closed. i enjoy working in my garage working on hobbies and other things and i always had my garage door open to get fresh air and more light. our current neighbor hood has HOA's but they are fairly easy going. we currently live in a upper scale
neighbor hood and no one really bothers anyone with their garage doors open. i understand about keeping the neighbor hood clean and looking nice and i totally with that but i believe some HOA's go alittle overboard and sometimes there is 1 or more people on a power trip. all in all i have no problem at all with HOA's and cc&r's. but the garage thing bothers me. lol

Old 06-14-2017, 08:33 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times
agree completely, especially the garage door statement..
although the HOA we just bought into says no garage doors open, I cant imagine ever reporting a neighbor because of THAT..

Old 06-15-2017, 01:03 PM

wase4711, as i mentioned, yeah the garage door thing is a little to much. lol i an glad that you understand and no i would never turn in a neighbor for leaving their garage door open, that's just a bit much. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area