Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:35 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,921,631 times

Advertisements

frankly, I cant imagine ever turning a neighbor "in" for any reason, without trying to get them to resolve a problem first by talking to them about it..

now, if they were a child abuser, wife beater, or something like that, that's a whole different story..but leaving the garage door open, or installing a security camera over their front door, or changing a cactus or bush out in front of their house, to me, even though its a "violation" of the HOA, I cant imagine reporting that to the HOA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 06:04 PM

63 posts, read 100,437 times
i agree with you 100% but also wonder who these people are and where they come from and who approves some of
the goofy rules ? don't get me wrong, i agree there should be rules but at some point they go way overboard.
our last house we lived in for 15 years had 68 pages of rules and most were ridiculous. lol

Old 06-17-2017, 09:55 AM

43 posts, read 44,217 times
When we moved into our home here in STV, a neighbor came down to "size" us up. She explained to me, that another neighbor, and herself, had been given an award, for her work in basically, turning folks in, and the HOA, for violations.

Probably not a common thing, but I had to laff. I told her, we were very happy to have moved here, and the HOA, was a big part of that. She had a sigh of relief...LOL

She waves at me now

Old 06-17-2017, 06:22 PM

MyBad1, i can not even imagine turning someone in. sounds like the HOA people are using some of the residents to do their
job. no matter where you go there is always someone that want's to get into other peoples business and make trouble.
no thank you i would not play like a spy and turn a neighbor in unless there was a really valid reason but it would have to be pretty bad. we all have to live together and life can at times be difficult and have trying times but as i mentioned there
will always be that snoop or trouble maker. i did not mean to ruffle feathers but that's just how i feel and my 2 cents,

Old 06-17-2017, 08:59 PM

I took it with a grain of salt..... who knows if her story wad true, or to vett me, but I am very happy here., I think you will be too.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:02 PM

MyBad1, i was not pointing the finger at you, not at all so please don't take it that way. in our last house [ we loved it so much and all the great neighbor ] one lady on the board actually approached a few home owner friends of our and ask
them to check for home owners that violate the HOA's and turn them in. some of our friends gave her an earful and
nothing ever happened but there are all kinds of different people in this world and of course just about every neighbor
has a real pickle. lol lol
again, i did not mean to offend you and hope i did not but if i did i apologize.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:14 PM

[ correction ]
ment to say just about every neighbor hood. lol lol

Old 06-19-2017, 09:54 AM

TY... I understood you, and no apology needed.

G/L and enjoy yourselves!!

Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM

MyBad1i, its nice to know that you understand. we are still looking in a couple different area's and i have to make sure my
sweet heart is happy, thats very important to me. if it was just me i could live in a closet. lol lol lol lol but we have been
married for a long time and we are stuck together like super glue. lol lol lol lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area