Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,977,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Chicago Chicago, blah, blah

This tendency to make everything about Chicago is what irritates a lot of people here.
Don't even get me started

The worst. Whether its on anonymous forums, or in person where one has to tell you about back home and how wonderful everything was. Many don't even bother to get to know this place, they just want to drive from their stucco monstrosity to their local Chilis and complain about the food and the lack of options/trees/etc. Don't even get me started on the ones who think they can hike.

Just gets old.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:33 PM

4,510 posts, read 4,638,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Is it just me but does it seem like the snowbirds are increasingly remaining in Phoenix over the summer? When I first arrived here in the 1990's, the snowbirds seemed to leave at the start of April. Then in the 2000's, they started to hang around until May. Then around 2010, it seemed like they started to remain until June. Now, it seems like they aren't leaving.

It seems like Phoenix isn't as sparse in the summer like it used to be. A lot of the snowbirds are remaining and instead opting to take weekend trips up north to escape the heat rather than relocate to Minnesota or Michigan.

Personally, I love when the snowbirds leave in the summer. The summer is one of my favorite times of the year. I love how the traffic decreases, restaurants don't have long waits, golf is cheaper etc. But now they are starting to remain.

Any of you notice this?
Do the droppings from snowbirds ever land on your windshield or anywhere on your vehicle? I can relate. I have problems like that with grackles landing their business on my car here in Austin.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:33 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,980,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
thanks for the warm welcome..I guess I deserve it, since you know me so well...
Ignore those types of posts that he presents daily. He has this big anti-Chicago thing going on for some stupid reason that no one can figure out. To me it seems that Chicagoans move here and actually try to help the area, bringing experience and jobs with us. If it wasn't for Chicago, his beloved Tempe skyline would be devoid of all those pretty State Farm buildings. And he wouldn't have the Cardinals, either.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:43 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,165,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Ignore those types of posts that he presents daily. He has this big anti-Chicago thing going on for some stupid reason that no one can figure out. To me it seems that Chicagoans move here and actually try to help the area, bringing experience and jobs with us. If it wasn't for Chicago, his beloved Tempe skyline would be devoid of all those pretty State Farm buildings. And he wouldn't have the Cardinals, either.
Weren't the Cardinals from St. Louis?

We wouldn't have the Cubs Spring Training Facility that is for sure, and without Northern transplants we probably wouldn't have the Coyotes cause...well...hockey in the desert? Even though they were from Winnipeg.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:56 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
thanks BC, I couldn't care less what someone like him thinks about me, Chicago, or anything else frankly...
and, if ANYONE is a great example of someone who relocated from Illinois, and became a great representative of Arizona, its definitely you!

Last time I checked, the Phoenix metro area was about 13% Illinoisan, so, even though there are always jerks living everywhere, It appears that alot of folks from Illinois have assimilated and contributed to make the great city of Phoenix even better...and, I too plan on being one of those that does, regardless of what some moron on an internet forum thinks about me or anyone from Illinois....

Old 06-12-2017, 05:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Don't even get me started

The worst. Whether its on anonymous forums, or in person where one has to tell you about back home and how wonderful everything was. Many don't even bother to get to know this place, they just want to drive from their stucco monstrosity to their local Chilis and complain about the food and the lack of options/trees/etc. Don't even get me started on the ones who think they can hike.

Just gets old.
What time do the senior cheap eats hours start at Chili's??

Old 06-12-2017, 05:29 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times
i heard the early bird special in phoenix starts at 3pm...

Old 06-12-2017, 06:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
i heard the early bird special in phoenix starts at 3pm...
I'm on it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area