Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 11:16 PM

962 posts, read 472,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I would not consider a Robinson cheap even though they are powered by a piston engine instead of a turbine a Robinson R22 is $250k which is only a 2 seater. the loud helicopters I'm referring to I figured no one cared what the models were they are Eurocopter AS350B3, and Agusta A109E routinely shake my windows as they fly up and down 7th street. There are others but the loudest is the Blue and white Phoenix PD.
I assumed a bunch of them were based at Deer Valley Airport. I'd guess there's at least one up there at the big FBI office as well. I'm on the west side of Lookout Mtn. and we get about 30 flyovers a day up and down 7th St, or occasionally a few streets to the east or west. Often, when one goes over northbound it comes back south a half hour later. And there are usually 2 or 3 around 11PM, 3:30AM, and 9AM, so I assumed that was when they came in for fuel and/or crew changes (usually too busy to pay much attention during the day so I don't see any patterns then).

I just wish they'd stay a little higher, since they do shake the windows and wake us up late at night. And no, I don't have a Swiss cheese, poorly insulated house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 12:31 AM

13,354 posts, read 7,385,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
I assumed a bunch of them were based at Deer Valley Airport. I'd guess there's at least one up there at the big FBI office as well. I'm on the west side of Lookout Mtn. and we get about 30 flyovers a day up and down 7th St, or occasionally a few streets to the east or west. Often, when one goes over northbound it comes back south a half hour later. And there are usually 2 or 3 around 11PM, 3:30AM, and 9AM, so I assumed that was when they came in for fuel and/or crew changes (usually too busy to pay much attention during the day so I don't see any patterns then).

I just wish they'd stay a little higher, since they do shake the windows and wake us up late at night. And no, I don't have a Swiss cheese, poorly insulated house.
I'm also on the west side of Lookout Mountain off Country Gables. I have seen them hovering at 2am yelling over loud speaker at someone who was on the trail lookout mountain not sure why a million dollar helicopter used for that.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:36 PM

123 posts, read 260,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post

Exactly. There's no reason for them to fly so low, especially during late hours when people are trying to sleep.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:02 AM

843 posts, read 569,447 times
I saw a group of 4 copters last week circling over east Gilbert before dinnertime. At first I thought something was up like a crime in progress, but they were just following each other in a circle at low altitude, so I believe it was just some people getting some flight instruction out of the Gateway airport. They came from that direction and went back that way. It was pretty annoyingly loud and lasted about 30-45 min.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:16 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,753,671 times
We live about 4 blocks south of St. Joe's, which is a Level 1 Trauma Center and gets a lot of helicopter traffic. They are supposed to follow 7th Avenue when possible and are not supposed to buzz the neighborhood when waiting for a landing spot. They do a lousy job on both fronts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area