Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:07 PM

264 posts, read 1,086,781 times

Advertisements

HAHAHA.

Well played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 02:49 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,893,046 times
Wait wait wait... Did I hear this correctly? They eat raw lamb meat? Maybe if they cooked their meat, that would solve the problems over there!

As for me, no thanks, I'd like mine cooked medium to well-done, and forget that kib.. whatever the heck it is, just give me a beef rib-eye or a lamb steak, and I'll grill it on mesquite, southwestern style.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM

435 posts, read 1,576,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy38 View Post
Screw the Red Wings first of all Secondly, GO FLAMES GO!!

Although I have been a Coyotes fan since 2000 and watch every game so i'll have no problem being a huge Coyotes fan once i'm down there.

Good question though.

Is there a German/Austrian Club/Restaraunt in Phoenix?
Man, right back at ya- screw the Flamers and the Desert Mutts!

Is Lanny McDonald still on the team? If so, you guys might have a chance to make a run this year. Yeah, probably not, I'm sure he's pushing 50 by now. LOL. He might have had the best moustache ever.

Thanks for Vernon, by the way- I suppose that in some way, we probably owe you some gratitude for the '97 Cup.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Lanny is like 60 by now... easily, if not older.

Vernon is great, see him around town sometime and was there when we retired his true number #30

Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 AM

510 posts, read 1,461,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Wait wait wait... Did I hear this correctly? They eat raw lamb meat? Maybe if they cooked their meat, that would solve the problems over there!

As for me, no thanks, I'd like mine cooked medium to well-done, and forget that kib.. whatever the heck it is, just give me a beef rib-eye or a lamb steak, and I'll grill it on mesquite, southwestern style.

Oh, a good plate of Raw Kibbee (with a design carved into the top) with a drizzle of high-quality olive oil, a little raw onion or radish and some pita-bread to scoop it up with...Yummy!! (BTW, It is GROUND up very fine with cracked wheat and spices) Maybe with a little tabouli or salad on the side. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! You will end up CRAVING it!!

But, Mike...what you fail to understand is what "effects" raw Kibbee Niyeh has on you!!

It is extremely lean and almost all protein. Is not only gives one a LOT of energy without any sluggishness, it also has been said (ahem) to have...um...aphrodisiac effects on a person.

Believe ME, it is all GOOD!!

Oops...almost forgot:

NHL Standings:

DETROIT RED WINGS 47 - 18 (Yepppp, Sunvixen stretches and yawns)
CALGARY FLAMES 36 - 25
PHOENIX COYOTES 36 - 30 (I will learn to love them, one day)
CHICAGO BEARS, I MEAN, BLACKHAWKS 33 - 0 (Ouch!) Oh, I mean, 33 - 31

Last edited by Sunvixen; 03-14-2008 at 12:12 AM..

Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,893,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
Oh, a good plate of Raw Kibbee (with a design carved into the top) with a drizzle of high-quality olive oil, a little raw onion or radish and some pita-bread to scoop it up with...Yummy!! (BTW, It is GROUND up very fine with cracked wheat and spices) Maybe with a little tabouli or salad on the side. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! You will end up CRAVING it!!
Craving what? To ride a camel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen
But, Mike...what you fail to understand is what "effects" raw Kibbee Niyeh has on you!!

It is extremely lean and almost all protein. Is not only gives one a LOT of energy without any sluggishness, it also has been said (ahem) to have...um...aphrodisiac effects on a person.

Believe ME, it is all GOOD!!

I don't know, but I'll take your word for it that it's good. I'm not sure about the regulations for serving raw meat in Arizona though.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 AM

I don't know, but I'll take your word for it that it's good. I'm not sure about the regulations for serving raw meat in Arizona though.[/quote]

It's basically the same thing as steak tartare, only it's lamb instead.

As far as regulations on raw meat- the numerous sushi restaurants in AZ don't seem to have any problems with health restrictions, I doubt there'd be any different rules for serving raw kibbee.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:58 AM

Detroit is always tops in the West, too bad their attendance doesn't match the product on the ice... even in the playoffs they don't sell out games.

Hockeytown USA my ass! That goes to Minnesota and I hate Minnesota!

Anyhoo, not sure if I could eat that raw lamb.. I love Sushi but I don't know about eating raw red meat.. but I hate eating cold food in general..

Old 03-14-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy38 View Post
Detroit is always tops in the West, too bad their attendance doesn't match the product on the ice... even in the playoffs they don't sell out games.

Hockeytown USA my ass! That goes to Minnesota and I hate Minnesota!

Anyhoo, not sure if I could eat that raw lamb.. I love Sushi but I don't know about eating raw red meat.. but I hate eating cold food in general..
The Wings' attendance is down b/c the economy in Detroit is terrible, and the exorbitant cost of tix these days basically has made NHL hockey in a depressed place like Detroit a luxury few can any longer afford. It is not, believe me, anything to do with a lack of interest. Trust me, I grew up there, the people there eat, sleep, and breathe hockey, and I doubt that any of the other numerous minor league teams in the area with cheaper ticket costs are having nearly as much trouble drawing.

The sad reality in today's NHL is that, under the new NHL league rules implemented along with the salary cap, there are now revenue-sharing requirements that force more successful franchises like The Wings to share their finances with underperforming sunbelt teams like Phoenix. This in conjunction with the lack of any major TV contract or any other source of revenue means that most of the money is made at the gate. This creates a situation where everyone has to jack up ticket prices in order to keep the non-viable franchises in non-traditional hockey markets afloat. If the league would do the intelligent thing and contract some of these ridiculous sunbelt teams, then ticket prices in the classic hockey cities could lower their prices, and then the Wings would absolutely start filling the Joe up again. And the league would once again be profitable, as it was in the '80's before Bettman started all this idiotic rampant southern expansion.

BTW, didn't Minnesota lose their original NHL team b/c their citizens wouldn't cough up money to build a new arena? Doesn't sound like Hockeytown to me. The ultimate Hockeytown, in reality, is Toronto. End of story.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,074,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve22 View Post
The Wings' attendance is down b/c the economy in Detroit is terrible, and the exorbitant cost of tix these days basically has made NHL hockey in a depressed place like Detroit a luxury few can any longer afford. It is not, believe me, anything to do with a lack of interest. Trust me, I grew up there, the people there eat, sleep, and breathe hockey, and I doubt that any of the other numerous minor league teams in the area with cheaper ticket costs are having nearly as much trouble drawing.

The sad reality in today's NHL is that, under the new NHL league rules implemented along with the salary cap, there are now revenue-sharing requirements that force more successful franchises like The Wings to share their finances with underperforming sunbelt teams like Phoenix. This in conjunction with the lack of any major TV contract or any other source of revenue means that most of the money is made at the gate. This creates a situation where everyone has to jack up ticket prices in order to keep the non-viable franchises in non-traditional hockey markets afloat. If the league would do the intelligent thing and contract some of these ridiculous sunbelt teams, then ticket prices in the classic hockey cities could lower their prices, and then the Wings would absolutely start filling the Joe up again. And the league would once again be profitable, as it was in the '80's before Bettman started all this idiotic rampant southern expansion.

BTW, didn't Minnesota lose their original NHL team b/c their citizens wouldn't cough up money to build a new arena? Doesn't sound like Hockeytown to me. The ultimate Hockeytown, in reality, is Toronto. End of story.
Montreal mon ami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area