Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:52 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times

Advertisements

We have one of "those neighbors" who complains to the city about everything that goes on on our street. Anyway a house across the street from her is kinda run down and they have a birch tree in the front yard with bark blowing all over the place (not sure if that's related).

Anyway I come home one morning last week and she's talking to a guy on the sidewalk wearing a blue service shirt. She's got her back to the house with the birch and the guy is pointing towards the tree. I didn't see his truck it must have been in the alley. Not sure if it was city of Tempe or what. I can hear her complaining and then the guy goes over and appears to help himself to a water sample from the front spigot. He knocked on the door but started getting the water without waiting for an answer. Any idea what this was about?

I need to keep a leg up on this lady she has a nasty attitude and I'm pretty sure she's complained about our house a lot. I think she had issues with the homeowner who used to live here and now rents it out. Leaves in the yard here comes the inspector, park the wrong way to unload furniture or something she'll call parking enforcement. She even put big pieces of cactus in the gutter in front of her house so anyone who parked there would get s flat lol !! I don't want to deal with the birch tree people or I'd just ask them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 PM

164 posts, read 184,012 times
Maybe the other neighbors assume that you're the rat in the woodpile. Are you in an iffy neighborhood in Phoenix? I do like the idea of cactus in the street gutters. Get some videos of the woman's misdeeds. I guess you'd need run flat desert landscaping tires on your car.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:24 PM

It's oldish Tempe. Everyone knows this lady and her issues with people. She's been doing this stuff for years. I'm not trying to get into it with her I just try to avoid her. Someone else can deal with the cactus. Just glad I saw them in the daylight it's a narrow street where one car has to pull over to let the other pass.

Just wondering what in the heck her complaint might have been that day in case it's my turn next.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:39 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
It's oldish Tempe. Everyone knows this lady and her issues with people. She's been doing this stuff for years. I'm not trying to get into it with her I just try to avoid her. Someone else can deal with the cactus. Just glad I saw them in the daylight it's a narrow street where one car has to pull over to let the other pass.

Just wondering what in the heck her complaint might have been that day in case it's my turn next.

Maybe she thinks the tree is dead? Would the city MAKE the owners cut the tree down if that was the case?

Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:

She sounds like a wonderful lady who has her community's best interests at heart. Put together some no-bake cookies and take 'em over to her. Compliment her on her lovely flowers, and praise this excellent monsoon we've been having. Be the great neighbor we all know you are, and that she deserves!

Old 08-01-2017, 03:42 PM

Put some cameras up. Maybe the cameras can catch a slat moving on her blinds spying on people. I had a neighbor who used to get on me about NOT turning in violations. She told me that if she had to report things that people would assume that I'd done it anyway. I just try to be very careful not to get caught looking at anything too hard. Neighborhood etiquette seems to be to keep your mouth shut and wave and smile at everyone. Boring.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:47 PM

I think Colt AZ has the right idea. Kill the woman with kindness.
The crazy neighbor woman may have prevented a break-in at your house.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Maybe she thinks the tree is dead? Would the city MAKE the owners cut the tree down if that was the case?
Ahhh maybe that's it.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:24 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,996 times
Quote:
Ahhh maybe that's it.
Cookies...and security cameras.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:34 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,572 times
Let me guess she is single, has no kids and has cats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area