Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 12:29 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,353,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
First of all, I don't use Circle K for gasoline or any other purpose.

When I became aware that skimmers were being placed into gas pumps, I stopped paying at the gas pump, and began paying inside the store/mart which oversees the operation. I give the clerk just the amount (of cash) which I know will fill my vehicle and no more.

Problem solved.
These newer pumps will not dispense gas if the card reader is tampered with, and are much more difficult to install skimmers.

Probably the pumps that are most vulnerable to skimmer installation are Gilbarco Advantage pumps, which are in fact the pumps that these new Gilbarco Encore 700 S pumps have mostly replaced at Circle K stations.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 08-29-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 12:44 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,284,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The gas is fine? My cars pretty old at this point and uses primarily Circle K gas (Frys rewards are accepted)

I don't buy gas at Circle K either. I drive a BMW X5 50i which has a somewhat high performance engine. I was having engine malfunction random misfires in the computer system and the guy at the dealer asked if I was using top tier gasoline. I had been going to Circle K (getting the 91 octane), but then changed to QT which is top tier (also 91 octane) and I have never had that issue since. Not sure if there is anything to that or not, but the dealer said that has been an issue when using lower quality gasoline. Some Circle K's have a Shell logo which I assume is OK, but I stick to QT or Chevron.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:19 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,617,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
These newer pumps will not dispense gas if the card reader is tampered with, and are much more difficult to install skimmers.

Probably the pumps that are most vulnerable to skimmer installation are Gilbarco Advantage pumps, which are in fact the pumps that these new Gilbarco 700 S pumps have mostly replaced at Circle K stations.
Thanks, PJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The gas is fine? My cars pretty old at this point and uses primarily Circle K gas (Frys rewards are accepted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I don't buy gas at Circle K either. I drive a BMW X5 50i which has a somewhat high performance engine. I was having engine malfunction random misfires in the computer system and the guy at the dealer asked if I was using top tier gasoline. I had been going to Circle K (getting the 91 octane), but then changed to QT which is top tier (also 91 octane) and I have never had that issue since. Not sure if there is anything to that or not, but the dealer said that has been an issue when using lower quality gasoline. Some Circle K's have a Shell logo which I assume is OK, but I stick to QT or Chevron.
When AZ State Dept of Weights & Measures was dismantled and placed under the umbrella of AZ State Dept of Agriculture (in 2015 by Ducey) as one of their Divisions, I became a bit leery of the quality of gasoline oversight which was to be dispensed by the new overseer.

However, shouldn't I have assumed that the 87, 89 & 91 octanes would've continued to be just as wonderful as ever?

So why am I uppity? Why shouldn't I use Circle K? Are they more watered down than others with the same octane ratings? I would think not, except that I'm possibly conditioned to thinking that Shell, Standard & Texaco are so much better than Joe Blow Gasoline and Screen Door Company.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:58 PM

94 posts, read 148,602 times
How to mute the ads:
How to mute gas station ads - Album on Imgur

Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM

126 posts, read 105,326 times
It's good to see some of the newer Circle K stores that sell gas. Many were a sorry mess a few years ago. I'm betting competition from other companies (especially Quik Trip) has forced Circle K to make their stores better. I would assume the newer stations would take steps to make their gas pumps secure.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:58 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,972,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Same here. My car requires premium (91+ octane). The 91 octane at Circle K caused stumbling issues and a ping under wide open throttle. I had a feeling that their gas was the cause so I went to O' Reilly's and bought some octane booster. Within minutes it was gone.

Never again. I stick with Shell's V-Power from here on out. Ive been running that stuff for almost 10 years now without ONE instance.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,656,451 times
How does Costco's 91 compare?

Old 08-29-2017, 04:27 PM

656 posts, read 814,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydude24 View Post
Thanks. How do you mute people who want to tell you about how they don't buy gas at Circle K?

Old 08-29-2017, 05:38 PM

770 posts, read 838,519 times
I already stated my opinion in your other thread you made about this topic.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:27 PM

212 posts, read 229,237 times
My Little cheap *** Economy Car requires 87 octane, My car is paid for, And I get to use the cheapest GAS , it's a WIN-WIN for me. I never could understand why some people shell out more than $20k for a new car. I look for the most economical, with comfortable seats and a working AM/FM radio, Thats all I need. whatever you buy it's just going to depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot. I used to be like that, Had to have the Nice big Chevy truck with all the bells and whistles, then I said to myself "Why am I spending so much for a machine, that just moves my Big Ass from home to work and work to home everyday, when a small cheap *** car can do the same thing for a lot less dough. And all that extra money is going into my savings account, So I can retire nicely. Don't waste your money on luxury items, put it away for a rainy day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area