Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:49 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,746,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Thanks for sharing that. From the media you would think the opposite. There is a similar situation with Chase Field and the Diamondbacks. Even when the Dodgers or Cubs are here, their fans turn out and can be very loud and obnoxious, but the majority always consists of Diamondbacks fans. Good idea not to sit down the first base line on those occasions though.
Yeah it's always an exaggeration, people get obnoxious when they're visiting an opposing stadium but I'll admit it's been fun to see them walk away disappointed as the d'baks let them have it. The team has been close to 40,000 in attendance on Saturday games as of late. So if there actually were more opposing team fans for the cubs or dodgers we'd need at least 80,000 seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 03:17 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,144,205 times
Something I've personally noticed is that a lot of these Dodger/Cubs fans filling Chase field root and cheer on the Dbacks when their team isn't in town. I'm friends with two such individuals who only put on the rival gear when going to watch their team.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:46 PM

2,620 posts, read 2,345,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Something I've personally noticed is that a lot of these Dodger/Cubs fans filling Chase field root and cheer on the Dbacks when their team isn't in town. I'm friends with two such individuals who only put on the rival gear when going to watch their team.
I am one of those as well. My team didn't play here this year but I attended 5 Dbacks games, wearing Dbacks gear and cheering them on. Also watched probably 60 Dbacks games on TV through the year too.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Pathetic. Veldheer is worthless. Costs us another game.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Pathetic. Veldheer is worthless. Costs us another game.
Wish he'd just retire, it's obvious he's not even trying anymore. Granted he's use to playing LT and now playing RT but still no excuse.

For once I can say Palmer actually played pretty good considering the horrible Oline in front of him. We couldnt even handle a 3 man rush. BA needs to give up the play calls,the challenge cost us a time out which was clearly a non catch. Then going for it on 4th - 1 where he should've just kicked a field goal,put points on the board and try an on side kick but typical we end up with nothing. If it wasn't for JJ & Fitz this game would've been over by half time. Dallas fell flat in the 1st qtr but made adjustments,something we can never seem to be able to do. I guess the only bright side is we host the 9ers next week who are 0-3 but I still wouldn't consider this an easy win,not the way we're playing.

Last edited by AzScorpion12; 09-25-2017 at 10:56 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 04:20 AM

8,280 posts, read 8,679,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Wish he'd just retire, it's obvious he's not even trying anymore. Granted he's use to playing LT and now playing RT but still no excuse.

For once I can say Palmer actually played pretty good considering the horrible Oline in front of him. We couldnt even handle a 3 man rush. BA needs to give up the play calls,the challenge cost us a time out which was clearly a non catch. Then going for it on 4th - 1 where he should've just kicked a field goal,put points on the board and try an on side kick but typical we end up with nothing. If it wasn't for JJ & Fitz this game would've been over by half time. Dallas fell flat in the 1st qtr but made adjustments,something we can never seem to be able to do. I guess the only bright side is we host the 9ers next week who are 0-3 but I still wouldn't consider this an easy win,not the way we're playing.
He never played RT before. I would move him back to LT. The back up tackles probably played the majority of their careers at RT. Won't happen because it would show Arians was wrong.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:37 PM

50 posts, read 55,586 times
See, again, Arizona sense of humour ;-) I would of course be respectful, and not go 137.6 decibels on y'all. I'll save that for when I fly back home to see a game a CLink ;-) (whenever I am rich, I mean).

Old 10-05-2017, 12:23 PM

Maybe I really SHOULD get tickets to see my Seahawks whoop the cardinals at their home base in November. I'd give anything to see the Hawks again! It's been since 2006 for me. Sounds like we will win. I'd like that.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:56 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,978,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear12 View Post
Maybe I really SHOULD get tickets to see my Seahawks whoop the cardinals at their home base in November. I'd give anything to see the Hawks again! It's been since 2006 for me. Sounds like we will win. I'd like that.
Tip of the day: go root for your crap team in your crap city of Seattle in the crap state of Washington.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Tip of the day: go root for your crap team in your crap city of Seattle in the crap state of Washington.
Hey man no State wars, Washington is awesome and I miss it. But I'll be moving to YOUR neck of the woods in 2 weeks, so that can't be helped.

And the Seahawks won a superbowl and have been 3 times in recent years. What have the Cardinals done? Plus why is it a cardinal? Those birds are tiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area