Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM

236 posts, read 370,229 times

Advertisements

Plus Pebble Creek is right in the Luke AFB flyway. Lots of jet noise. Trilogy sees them too, but at a higher elevation, so less noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 11:55 AM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
There is plenty of shopping near Pebble Creek and one wouldn't need to get on the freeway. We used to live north of Pebble Creek and we could hear the jets. Now we live just south, Monte Vista and Pebble Creek, and NEVER hear the jets. I'm not sure that much-if any- of Pebble Creek can hear the jets. It would definitely be worth asking one that lives there, keeping in mind that the neighborhood is quite large and certain locations may be more likely to hear the jets.

Within probably 0.5-1.0 miles of Pebble Creek (probably depends of where one exits the neighborhood), one would find a movie theater, Lifetime Fitness, several grocery stores, Staples, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, pet stores, restaurants, etc.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:42 PM

56 posts, read 40,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wycoyote View Post
Plus Pebble Creek is right in the Luke AFB flyway. Lots of jet noise. Trilogy sees them too, but at a higher elevation, so less noise.

I don't live in Pebble Creek but I do live off of Litchfield Road about a mile north of the 10. Your statement is patently untrue. There is hardly any jet noise. It should not even be factored into the purchase decision. With that said, vistancia is prettier better Landscaping, better architectural design,. It's better planned. Pebble Creek is Central and close to everything shopping dining the freeways. It's quite nice, but just not as nice. If I were retired, I would not live at Pebble Creek, just because I see better options in vistancia or victory at Verrado.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:52 PM

15 posts, read 24,802 times
Mind if I ask why Sun City Grand was not included?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat465 View Post
I don't live in Pebble Creek but I do live off of Litchfield Road about a mile north of the 10. Your statement is patently untrue. There is hardly any jet noise. It should not even be factored into the purchase decision. With that said, vistancia is prettier better Landscaping, better architectural design,. It's better planned. Pebble Creek is Central and close to everything shopping dining the freeways. It's quite nice, but just not as nice. If I were retired, I would not live at Pebble Creek, just because I see better options in vistancia or victory at Verrado.
Bawwww hawwww hawww... <bold> I guess if one is hearing impaired there'd be no or litttle noise.
Depending on which way the wind is blowing noise could be more or less as that determines their takeoff and landing patterns but there is noise. Not only do I live near 303/ Luke area we've got friends that live directly across Indian School Rd from Pebble Creek and we are frequently at their house where yes, you can in fact hear the jets which are sometimes very loud.

Thankfully they've recently gotten a bit better at doing tight turns while shooting their "touch and go's" so they stay mostly over the farm land that surrounds the airbase.

With the new F35's it is in fact louder than with the older planes. Part of living near an airbase and also why one signs a form when purchasing a home stating you have been told the base is there.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:59 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,233,336 times
Here are the noise maps for Luke AFB. Pebble Creek borders their primary flight zone for Luke (they couldn't build any closer due to the noise levels) so yes you will get a good amount of noise off the jets in Pebble Creek and anyone who says otherwise is deaf to it. If you buy a home in any of the areas around the base you will have to sign that you are aware of the noise from the jets.

Surprise Map: https://www.surpriseaz.gov/DocumentCenter/View/384

Goodyear Map: http://www.goodyearaz.gov/home/showdocument?id=11614

Old 01-31-2018, 08:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Here are the noise maps for Luke AFB. Pebble Creek borders their primary flight zone for Luke (they couldn't build any closer due to the noise levels) so yes you will get a good amount of noise off the jets in Pebble Creek and anyone who says otherwise is deaf to it. If you buy a home in any of the areas around the base you will have to sign that you are aware of the noise from the jets.

Surprise Map: https://www.surpriseaz.gov/DocumentCenter/View/384

Goodyear Map: http://www.goodyearaz.gov/home/showdocument?id=11614
It's funny, as I'm reading this I'm listening to the F-35's take off and fly over. Must be range day and not touch and go's.
Here comes two now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area