Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 01:23 PM

19 posts, read 75,889 times

Advertisements

Please compare the two communities as far as amenities
location ,snowbirds etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 03:44 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
I can speak for Trilogy/Vistance as I live across the street and hope to relocate there when the market starts to turn. I visit almost weekly and love going through the model homes. As far as the ammenities go there is a club house with an indoor pool/complete fitness facility, spa/massage room and a sauna. There is an outdoor pool as well with a beach entry, a bochee court, basketball courts, tennis courts and a huge 5 star golf course with a resort like restaurant that overlooks the golfcourse and has a wonderful outdoor patio. There are miles of "discovery" walking trails. The homes are beautiful and designed by an award winning architectural firm in CA. Shea is offering some tempting incintives right now with very low interest rates on designer homes. I love north Peoria and the city has everything shopping you could want. Best of luck in your search. www.trilogylife.com or, www.mytrilogylife.com

Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 AM

114 posts, read 334,354 times
Haven't been to either yet- but looking at online info it would appear that Pebblecreek is much larger with two clubhouses, multiple golf courses etc.

Trilogy communities that I have visited seem to have a higher quality home but also higher prices compared to Del Webb Sun City.

Trilogy is also building encanterra out in east phx. The clubhouse plan looks amazing (very large and upscale)and is almost complete. Pool and other part of facility is already done. I was surprised at the number sold there since it just opened I think last year.(100+) They label it for all ages but plans and activities will probably attract mostly retirees.

Robson homes appeared to be somewhere in between sun city and trilogy.
Very nice homes and plans.

since pebblecreek is larger it would probably have more activities.

so depends on what you are looking for and location.

good idea to visit both.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:38 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times
i would definitely just visit both

i live near pebble creek and the residents I've talked to love it there ...... comment on how quiet it is and how active the community is

i've been there for a wedding reception and a 2 day business meeting (including dinner) - talked to some locals ending their day with a drink and they seemed pleased

I was personally surprised driving out of the meeting one afternoon to see the huge group of gray haired warriors socializing around the shuffleboard courts over on the western side

best thing would be to tour both and get a feel for the surrounding areas as well as no matter where you live there will be times you want to leave the community

Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
I lived in Pebble Creek for eight years, it was a bad experience. All of the amenities mean little when it's 113 and there isn't a soul on the golf course or streets. Every year when the HOA dues went up we realized that we were subsidizing two Resturants and Golf Courses.Worst was that it was full of old grumps, they complained about each other all of the time. You couldn't take your grandchildren to the pool without it being an issue. Then there was the "Republican Club" that wanted to dictate your politics. No thanks, I won't even ride in there

Old 07-14-2009, 11:04 PM

22 posts, read 65,781 times
I agree with the post above, stating that you should visit both, then decide. There are soooo many options right now. Would be best to see them with your own eyes. Good Luck! It's tough to leave this place once you move here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area