Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 05:19 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,178,395 times

Advertisements

You can also get the title in your name if the seller gives you power of attorney. MVD has standard contract forms for this and it was no issue whatsoever for me to get the title in my name at the MVD with the POA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 05:53 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubia fonceca View Post
How do I get a new title for my car if I never received it from the guy that sold it to me . Claims he missed placed it now what do I do to get the title in my name
You only need a title transfer form which you can get from MVD has to be notarized by the last person who had the car titled it has the same function of the seller notarizing the back of the title. I once bought a car for $300 and the notarized title was lost the guy I bought it from he never titled it or registered it just drove it. He lost track of the seller he bought it from he took lot less for the car I knew I could get the title even if I had to get a bonded one.

I went to the MVD and requested a title lookup last known person who had it titled you have to sign an affidavit they gave me the name and address of the person I went to their house with the title transfer form the lady said it was her husband he would be home in the afternoon I told them I would give them $20 if they would meet me at the bank around the corner get title transfer form notarized. This was back in the day before the 3rd party MVD companies were allowed.

I would just have them meet you at a 3rd party title place get the title transferred then your done. I have even bought motorcycles and gotten bonded titles which isn't that difficult. Liens can be a problem now days because of title loans people go get a title loan on a car then sell it say they lost the title they get paid twice but that is fraud I would call the police if that ever happened to me. Most of the times when I ran into this people were more then happy to help get the title fixed as long as they didn't have to go to the state operated MVD office sure nice to have those 3rd party MVD's I'm glad to pay their fees not to spend hours at the state MVD offices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area