Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 07:54 AM

675 posts, read 1,415,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
And what's going on with this bizarre television broadcast?

I ran across him by accident, and was stunned at this lying, hate-mongering propaganda on broadcast television. I guess I'm naive, but I didn't think it was allowed. I though this kind of right-wing rant was restricted to cable and radio.
I didn't know he was on tv, but I have heard him on the radio. I'm curious what specifically he was saying that you thought was a lie, because I've always found him to be rather well spoken and reasonable in his analysis of things. He most definitely is conservative, but why wouldn't that be allowed? We allow all sorts of left wing rants on tv with the likes of CNN & MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 07:57 AM

975 posts, read 1,405,183 times
Broomhead doesn't bother me as his show doesn't make any false pretense as to what his political beliefs are. He hosts a "talk" show so it's understandable that he's opinionated. I, personally, don't agree with him but I have no problem whatsoever with him on the radio or TV as his show isn't ever billed as an unbiased "news" show.

The radio host that bothers me is Jim Sharpe. Jim Sharpe hosts a "news" show on KTAR yet it's clearly a "talk" show when he delivers the "news."

Old 12-28-2017, 08:39 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
broomhead is a moderate radio news commentator on 550 am from 6-10am whose brother who was killed in iraq.
He is not as conservative as i would like because he likes mccain and tries to hard to reach across the aisle with the likes of jared moppin a wanna be al sharpton.
He also has a far left co host named andrew babinski who is a liberal democrat atheist

as a conservative i do not listen to his show because it is not conservative enough for me.

Meet The Bull-Riding Cowboy Who Became A Conservative Radio Host
athiest!!!!! Burn him!!!!

Old 12-28-2017, 09:21 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,843 times
Quote:

I ran across him by accident, and was stunned at this lying, hate-mongering propaganda on broadcast television. I guess I'm naive, but I didn't think it was allowed. I though this kind of right-wing rant was restricted to cable and radio.
There are a few buttons on your remote control that can shut him up forever! Power, channel up, channel down, source, volume down... pick one!

Oh, wait... you want to make sure that nobody else can hear what he has to say! Well, in that case, I'd suggest moving. China, North Korea, Cuba, Zimbabwe, Venezuela... they exert strict control over who gets to use the airwaves, and you can bet there'll be no "right-wing hate" spewing there!

Old 12-28-2017, 02:27 PM

551 posts, read 693,618 times
Quote:

Oh noooo, someone has different opinions than I do on television, whatever will we do. How dare they not be restricted to what I deem as their designated area for discourse?

Old 12-28-2017, 02:36 PM

56 posts, read 40,416 times
Quote:

I'm curious, is there a specific example of his lying or hate-mongering that you can quote? Or did you just one of those folks who post claims without providing your backup?

I occasionally listen to his show. My impression is completely different that yours.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:53 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Street View Post
Moderate dos not come to mind when describing this guy. He is an ongoing Hillary hater even after she's history. Think of it this way.... the broom head is the part that you stick in the dirt. His big loyal sponsor is Sanderson Ford. No more Sanderson Fords or service for me. He is carried on the Prescott tv station and Channel 15. If you like Trent Franks, you'll love Mike Broomhead.
Well, Hillary belongs in jail for many reasons, there are PLENTY of reasons for the general public to despiser her and her impeached, rapist husband. After all, we kept that wench out of the Oval Office for a reason!

Old 12-28-2017, 04:02 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,712,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Who's Mike Broomhead, I've never heard of him...

I guess you're fine with all the "left-wing ranting" lying, hate-mongering propaganda on broadcast television? You only want the "right-wing" ranting restricted to cable and radio?

Typical of the left.
First, there is nothing so extreme from the left on broadcast television. PBS chooses subjects that are slightly left-leaning, but their coverage is fairly accurate.

Second, I've noticed that not only are the left-leaning news shows NOT hate-mongering (I'm specifying news to exempt people like Stephen Colbert who really is gleefully vicious), but the left-leaning shows tend to be far better at citing credible sources, not just spouting opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
and, of course, if you dont like Mike Broomhead. or Morning Joe, or Rachel Madow, or any of the other dooshbags who are on the boob tube every day, either change the channel, or listen to music..
there are 300 or so channels on cable that have to have something on them, 24-7, so there is no decorum or reasoning behind so many of the garbage offerrings that litters the airwaves every day..
You're missing the point. I'm talking about broadcast, not cable. And, in fact, for most television, there is some semblance of decorum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Wait...free speech isn't allowed on broadcast Television?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
I didn't know he was on tv, but I have heard him on the radio. I'm curious what specifically he was saying that you thought was a lie, because I've always found him to be rather well spoken and reasonable in his analysis of things. He most definitely is conservative, but why wouldn't that be allowed? We allow all sorts of left wing rants on tv with the likes of CNN & MSNBC.
Free speech is allowed on television - with limits - but most rational people try to steer clear of defamation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Well, Hillary belongs in jail for many reasons, there are PLENTY of reasons for the general public to despiser her and her impeached, rapist husband. After all, we kept that wench out of the Oval Office for a reason!
Yes, you "kept" her out because you were gullible enough to fall for propaganda from a con man who is cited as lying on an unprecedented scale.

Quote:
Broomhead is a moderate radio news commentator on 550 am from 6-10am whose brother who was killed in Iraq. He is not as conservative as I would like because he likes mccain and tries to hard to reach across the aisle with the likes of jared moppin a wanna be al sharpton. He also has a far left co host named Andrew Babinski who is a liberal democrat atheist. As a conservative I do not listen to his show because it is not conservative enough for me.
Thanks. The little bit I saw was just him, no co-host. Of course, one can be conservative without being hateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat465 View Post
I'm curious, is there a specific example of his lying or hate-mongering that you can quote? Or did you just one of those folks who post claims without providing your backup? I occasionally listen to his show. My impression is completely different that yours.
No, sorry. I was just spinning through the channels, and didn't watch for very long.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:24 PM

784 posts, read 923,316 times
Quote:
First, there is nothing so extreme from the left on broadcast television. PBS chooses subjects that are slightly left-leaning, but their coverage is fairly accurate.

Second, I've noticed that not only are the left-leaning news shows NOT hate-mongering (I'm specifying news to exempt people like Stephen Colbert who really is gleefully vicious), but the left-leaning shows tend to be far better at citing credible sources, not just spouting opinions.
The network news is fully of hate mongering, you just don't recognize it for such because you agree with what they are saying.

And as far as sources.....they are far from credible and instead spout off nothing but failed liberal talking points.

For your opinion to have been correct it would have meant that Trump had no chance to win the election.....you aren't one of those that believe Hillary won are you......

Old 12-28-2017, 04:40 PM

83 posts, read 82,375 times
Quote:
Broomhead is a moderate radio news commentator on 550 am from 6-10am whose brother who was killed in Iraq.
He is not as conservative as I would like because he likes mccain and tries to hard to reach across the aisle with the likes of jared moppin a wanna be al sharpton.
He also has a far left co host named Andrew Babinski who is a liberal democrat atheist

As a conservative I do not listen to his show because it is not conservative enough for me.

Thanks for the informative post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area