Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 05:48 PM

675 posts, read 1,413,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post

Free speech is allowed on television - with limits - but most rational people try to steer clear of defamation.

what did he say that was defamatory?

Was it as defamatory as saying something like

Quote:
con man who is cited as lying on an unprecedented scale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 06:56 PM

164 posts, read 183,699 times
Mike Broomhead can say what he wants. I can buy and service my new Fords where I want. I don't see a need to inflame half of your customer base by championing a wacko. There are plenty of places to buy a new car. I don't think that this is very smart for this business to take such a polarized stance.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:28 AM

56 posts, read 40,331 times
I asked this question:

Originally Posted by wildcat465
I'm curious, is there a specific example of his lying or hate-mongering that you can quote? Or are you one of those folks who posts claims without providing any backup? I occasionally listen to his show. My impression is completely different that yours.

You admitted, "No, sorry. I was just spinning through the channels, and didn't watch for very long."

With that statement, you lost all credibility because you offer no substance. Next time, please come prepared to have a discussion.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,312 times
Quote:
I ran across him by accident, and was stunned at this lying, hate-mongering propaganda on broadcast television. I guess I'm naive, but I didn't think it was allowed. I though this kind of right-wing rant was restricted to cable and radio

Quote:
No, sorry. I was just spinning through the channels, and didn't watch for very long
I find your comment that someone should not be exposed to the general public typical of liberal tolerance. When asked to provide evidence to back up your claims, you can't. I listen to Mike Broomhead occasionally on his morning radio show, and while I don't agree with him 100%, he is definitely not what you describe, unless you put anyone who disagrees with you as a lying, hate monger, who should be removed from the airwaves. I would suggest listening to his early morning show on AM550, mon-fri. Maybe even give him a call to confront him with his "lies and hate mongering". I've never heard him yell at anyone.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:46 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
Quote:

Second, I've noticed that not only are the left-leaning news shows NOT hate-mongering (I'm specifying news to exempt people like Stephen Colbert who really is gleefully vicious), but the left-leaning shows tend to be far better at citing credible sources, not just spouting opinions.

You mean like quoting all the "evidence" that the lefties have come up with over the last 12 months about Russian collusion?

You're missing the point. I'm talking about broadcast, not cable. And, in fact, for most television, there is some semblance of decorum.

Maybe 20 years ago there was; now a days, anything goes on any channel

Free speech is allowed on television - with limits - but most rational people try to steer clear of defamation.

"Limits"? This is America, my friend, free speech has NO limits..

Yes, you "kept" her out because you were gullible enough to fall for propaganda from a con man who is cited as lying on an unprecedented scale.

Dont even get me started on her and her rapist,impeached misogynistic husband; they have lied, cheated, and deceived the public for 20+ years, like most politicians have in this country..

No, sorry. I was just spinning through the channels, and didn't watch for very long.
Then you shouldn't make character assassination type statements about someone you know nothing about..

Old 12-29-2017, 11:52 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Then you shouldn't make character assassination type statements about someone you know nothing about..
LOL. ‘Freedom of Speech is limitless.’ Some Constitutional scholar...

Old 12-29-2017, 01:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOL. ‘Freedom of Speech is limitless.’ Some Constitutional scholar...

Sure,freedom of speech is limitless and the op is free to say what they feel. What is a problem, which was admitted by the op, is after "spinning through the channels" he made such an assessment of Mike Broomhead. I would go out on a limb and say that if the op (or yourself) turned on any channel that was even remotely a right leaning station he would've had a problem with it!

Old 12-29-2017, 01:24 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Sure,freedom of speech is limitless and the op is free to say what they feel. What is a problem, which was admitted by the op, is after "spinning through the channels" he made such an assessment of Mike Broomhead. I would go out on a limb and say that if the op (or yourself) turned on any channel that was even remotely a right leaning station he would've had a problem with it!
I was quoting the erroneous insinuation that freedom of speech is limitless. Of course it is not. I was poking fun at such a foolish claim.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:16 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times
I just wanted to add that after reading some of the replies, I thought I'd give this guy, Mike Broomhead, a second chance. So I listened for a bit more when I next ran across him. He was basically spouting statements devoid of any actual facts. For instance, things like "Governor Ducey has spent a lot of time on this, so you know it will work well."

So, beyond any right-wing ranting, he also seems to have no factual underpinnings.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:09 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
I just wanted to add that after reading some of the replies, I thought I'd give this guy, Mike Broomhead, a second chance. So I listened for a bit more when I next ran across him. He was basically spouting statements devoid of any actual facts. For instance, things like "Governor Ducey has spent a lot of time on this, so you know it will work well."

So, beyond any right-wing ranting, he also seems to have no factual underpinnings.

So he's basically doing the same thing as CNN (The Clown News Network).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area