Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:48 AM

90 posts, read 113,188 times

Advertisements

MetroPCS uses the same towers as T-mobile since they are owned by T-Mobile. I switched to them in December and love it. Easy, no frills, good service and great value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 09:10 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
I go back to the Air Touch day's of Verizon

Countless times in the deserts and a few canyons I've had service and the
peace of mind is priceless especially in an emergency.

I've had more then one riding buddy switch over

Old 01-30-2018, 10:51 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I go back to the Air Touch day's of Verizon

Countless times in the deserts and a few canyons I've had service and the
peace of mind is priceless especially in an emergency.

I've had more then one riding buddy switch over
It's six of one half a dozen of the other, but outside the metros, Verizon is clearly the winner, though there are still a lot of holes in the coverage out there. Verizon put up a tower near my cabin on the rim. I get 4g and watch Netflix movies no problem. I can ride around the area in my quad and get maps live and phone coverage if I need it. There is no alternative to Verizon. No other carrier has bothered to cover the back rim country.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Since my Cell Phone usage is relatively light, I switched from Sprint to TracFone a few years ago and could not be more satisfied with the service which is actually provided by Verizon.

The price is excellent and the service is even better . . . in almost five years I have yet to experience a dropped call or service not available.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:51 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
I have been seriously considering Google's Project Fi...but then I would have to give up my Samsung...

Old 01-30-2018, 05:44 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,239,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
T Mobile has been perfect for us out here; havent dropped a call in 6 months
Verizon is overpriced and over hyped; dont over pay and pick anyone but them..
I pay $74 a month on Verizon family 2g plan with 2 lines and have been for almost 2 years now. It seems like they are pretty competitive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I have been seriously considering Google's Project Fi...but then I would have to give up my Samsung...
I'm way out on the NW but I couldn't get any signals on Fi out here. They use Sprint's network mostly (they also use AT&T and T-mobile to a lesser degree) which sucks unless you are closer inside the valley.

If you aren't on the outskirts like I am then I'd go with whoever was cheapest but if you are on the outskirts or spend a lot of time on the edges then I'd go with Verizon.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:08 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
When I used to travel the country, then ATT or Verizon was my choice, especially for the small towns in the middle of nowhere. Now that I dont travel the country, T Mobile has been fine for me, everywhere in Arizona...4 lines, for 100 dollars, just fine with me!

Old 01-31-2018, 09:22 PM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,820 times
I've had Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile in Phoenix. All were acceptable. Now I just use prepaid services. Cricket is my favorite. My Verizon prepaid line is sluggish for some reason at times.

Sprint's LTE network needs work as Sprint rolled out LTE in every other city in America, and never actually announced LTE in Phoenix officially.

T-mobile - lots of dead spots, I'd stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: