Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2018, 01:30 PM

7,332 posts, read 12,409,918 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, does anyone here ever get packages from the Las Vegas area fulfillment centers? Don't be deceived by the return address on the shipping label, since that is actually the address of one of the returns centers, one of which is located in the Las Vegas area.

Interestingly, despite there being fulfillment centers in the Las Vegas area, I never get any packages from there. Most of my Amazon packages either come from the local fulfillment centers or the Inland Empire of California (especially Moreno Valley). Strangely, I heard that Flagstaff gets a lot of packages from the Las Vegas area fulfillment centers. I wonder why doesn't Amazon ever ship packages from there to my address.

Note that if your package ships via Amazon Logistics, the fulfillment center code is indicated on the upper right of the label. Our local fulfillment center codes start with PHX, while the Inland Empire fulfillment centers start with either ONT or SNA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 01:39 PM

892 posts, read 1,506,919 times
Why would that even matter???

There's several companies I deal with that have warehouses in Phoenix and other local areas, yet a lot of my parts come from the east coast. All depends on what parts are warehoused here.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM

7,332 posts, read 12,409,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Why would that even matter???

There's several companies I deal with that have warehouses in Phoenix and other local areas, yet a lot of my parts come from the east coast. All depends on what parts are warehoused here.
Well, in your case probably the items aren't stocked locally. Other than the local fulfillment centers and the Inland Empire, other ground (not air) Prime shipments that I get at times include Northern California (Tracy, CA and Sacramento, CA) and parts of Texas (Fort Worth, TX and San Marcos, TX). Once I have gotten somewhere in the San Diego area, and twice I have gotten Reno. Interestingly in the latter cases they shipped using carriers other than Amazon Logistics or USPS; the one from the San Diego area shipped via UPS Ground, while in the case of Reno, it shipped via UPS Ground the first time and via OnTrac the second time.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM

892 posts, read 1,506,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Well, in your case probably the items aren't stocked locally.
Well thank you, Captain Obvious. That's pretty much what I said already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: