Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:06 PM

96 posts, read 92,999 times

Advertisements

Where are the bad areas in Mesa, Tempe, and Chandler? I'm told east Mesa and east Chandler are bad, as well as the area around the university in Tempe.

Also, what kind of crime are we talking about? Violence and drug crimes? Property crimes? I understand violence and drugs are in every town, but I'm trying to see what the "bulk" of the crime is in the above towns.

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 06:20 PM

202 posts, read 220,086 times
The people giving you information sound like old farts.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Whoever gave you the information on Chandler and Mesa are wrong. West Mesa is the bad area of Mesa, and the worst area of Chandler is the area just north of Downtown.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR87 View Post
Where are the bad areas in Mesa, Tempe, and Chandler? I'm told east Mesa and east Chandler are bad, as well as the area around the university in Tempe.

Also, what kind of crime are we talking about? Violence and drug crimes? Property crimes? I understand violence and drugs are in every town, but I'm trying to see what the "bulk" of the crime is in the above towns.

Thanks so much.
A very general answer to a very general question is that the worse parts of those cities are WEST Mesa, North Tempe and Downtown Chandler. That of course is a huge generalization but is somewhat accurate. And being huge cities, actual crimes range from Jaywalking to murder; however all in all those are all nice cities to live in. When you narrow down your search come back with more specific questions. And good luck.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
A very general answer to a very general question is that the worse parts of those cities are WEST Mesa, North Tempe and Downtown Chandler. That of course is a huge generalization but is somewhat accurate. And being huge cities, actual crimes range from Jaywalking to murder; however all in all those are all nice cities to live in. When you narrow down your search come back with more specific questions. And good luck.
For Chandler it is actually the area just north of Downtown that I would consider to be the worst area, rather than Downtown itself.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
West Mesa, Chandler North and to some extent just east of downtown, Tempe near loop 101 between University and Southern.

I disagree with the North Tempe/near ASU assessment, some of Tempe’s best areas are in that area.

Other than that it’s fine.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:58 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,633,360 times
I thought the dividing line west of highway 87 is the bad parts of Mesa.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:11 PM

102 posts, read 111,364 times
I would suggest looking at the police websites.
Or when you find an area you like, go talk to some neighbors.

East Mesa is bad? If we want to get technical, Las Sendas is East Mesa and might be one of the nicest and best areas we have.
Most people make generalizations off things they have no idea about.

The other reality is many areas have pockets.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 PM

126 posts, read 104,952 times
East Mesa (east of Power Rd) is generally a good area. Most of the “not so good” parts of east Mesa are actually county islands.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:47 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
There are no bad areas anywhere in the Phoenix metro. Shootings and homicides are non existent, nobody's cars or homes are broken into, and nobody is assaulted. There's no graffiti, no gangs, no illegal drugs, and no sex crimes. People move here in droves, but there is no congested traffic ... ever! We're all here for the sunshine & mountain views, which makes everything peaceful, and everybody lives in harmony. Kum ba yah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area