Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 02:50 PM

586 posts, read 543,680 times

Advertisements

It's not for everyone but Verrado stands out as a reasonably priced very nice Community with 2 good golf courses that is a reasonable driving distance to all pro sports and everyday shopping and eating. You can also get to downtown easy and relatively quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Distance and lack of distinguishable amenities. Buckeye is currently the farthest western suburb of Phoenix. Additionally it’s a suburb of anywhere chains. Nothing makes Buckeye stand out at all. There are no centers of employment and no restaurants that don’t have multiple locations all over the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 03:00 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,684,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
I think most people could find anything they want from Verrado at Downtown or closer.
Not everyone needs to be in the middle of traffic all day every day.
The whole problem with living way out there is that you DO have to fight traffic far more than someone that is more centrally located would. Do you not think there is traffic between downtown and Verrado?

Old 06-28-2018, 03:06 PM

586 posts, read 543,680 times
Rush hour only. I live on West side of City half the year and very rarely ever drive in traffic,
I attend hockey, BB, and football hpfames regularly and can get to all 3 in around 30 minutes, there are very few hoods in the Phoenix area that are centrally located, almost everyone drives to everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
The whole problem with living way out there is that you DO have to fight traffic far more than someone that is more centrally located would. Do you not think there is traffic between downtown and Verrado?

Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM

151 posts, read 107,913 times
As an outsider who recently took a gander at Buckeye and all the other places in the vicinity...Buckeye is darn ugly. Every other town or suburb or whatever was prettier. FWIW.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:40 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,684,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
As an outsider who recently took a gander at Buckeye and all the other places in the vicinity...Buckeye is darn ugly. Every other town or suburb or whatever was prettier. FWIW.
Agreed, but Verrado is visually attractive. It’s just surrounded by drab nothingness.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:41 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,628,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
Oh, I dunno.

Ugly?

Personally... I'd label it an awkward, stagnant backwater.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:45 PM

369 posts, read 327,161 times
Don't discount that if you live on the west side and commute easterly for your job your driving into a blazing sun both in the morning and evening.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:02 AM

673 posts, read 468,181 times
Take a breath. "Do your homework".

If you are on the younger side of life, Buckeye will be a good investment. But make darn sure you buy as much land as possible. Try not to buy a house on a postage stamp sized lot.

I'd rather have an old mobile home on an acre than a house on a postage stamp sized lot. But, I'm not a huge fan of people.

"Think beyond what you see today". As my land buying buddies and I always say, the Arizona Department of Transportation didn't have the interchange of the 10 and 303 built for the fun of it. Yes, I know, the interchange is not officially in Buckeye but I'm trying to make a point..

Last edited by broncosilly; 06-29-2018 at 06:26 AM..

Old 06-29-2018, 06:39 AM

3,825 posts, read 9,504,192 times
I used to live in Avondale, but knew people that lived in Buckeye. As a generalization I noticed 3 types of people out there. First were the ones with land and a trailer on it who wanted to be left alone. Second were young couples who "drove until they qualified" to buy their first house. Then the ones I knew in the nicer subdivisions were professionals who had offices in Litchfield Park, Goodyear or Avondale so that they only had a 20 minute commute for work.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:52 AM

121 posts, read 117,753 times
Thanks all for the input.....Goodyear, Litchfield and Avondale (also post questions about pools) are also on the list of areas to check out based on price so I just wanted to get some input. I am coming from a suburb 30 min outside of Pittsburgh but have lived in the city as well so living on the outskirts of town is what I am used to right now and don't really mind needing to drive to get to attractions. As far as work goes I can only recall 1 job where my commute was less than at least 50 min and I did the live where you work thing only to have my office relocated an hour plus away so I am kinda over all that and have a live where I am gonna be happy and safe and just work where I make the most money and do what I have to do to get there mindset since all that. From looking at pics and google and all of that stuff until I head there in a few weeks it seems to resemble the other areas mentioned just further out so I just wanted to get some input. Our realtors got her work cut out for her because I plan on putting in some miles and seeing as many areas as i can but this forum gives me some insight on what to not even bother putting on my to-see-list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area