Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 AM

13,828 posts, read 8,053,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
What are these people thinking? If I sell my home to them where am I going to live? Do they not have a clue what it costs to move and find a new place to live in a Real estate market where there are 5x more buyers than sellers? they call me ,text me send me letters wanting to buy my home for quick cash which means they want to get my home for a steal. Where were these people a few years ago when home were 2/3 cheaper and sellers still could not find a buyer? Everyone wants to be a flipper
It's a numbers game. They contact 1 or 2 thousand homeowners by mail or calls. It only takes one or two who for whatever the reason want/need cash to sell.

I got a call last week from a woman with a strong accent. My feeling was she was in an overseas call center. I asked her a few questions but she didn't know much except to take down my info if I was interested in selling. She maybe makes a hundred calls a day maybe gets one lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 AM

9,781 posts, read 11,187,785 times
He is my last note 2 weeks ago (I've gotten a couple of dozen):

"Hello (my 1st name)! I dropped you a letter a couple days ago... reaching out to see if you might be interested in selling your property at (my address)??- Alex"

My response:
"I dropped you a letter back telling you that I am desperate, broke, and want a low-ball offer. Please help because the market is soft and I don't know what to do. You much be an honest person texting thousands of people that you don't know. Please help me get out from underneath this house that is paid for."

I haven't heard anything. I suspect if everyone responds back to these texts, then they have to sort through thousands of emails attempting who is real and thereby increasing their cost. That's my goal.

In another text string that I saved, I tried to get them out to talk in person to waste their time. But the best they will do is give a price by text. One of them ("Oliver") offered me $268K ($380K is market). When I typed: "sorry, I don't conduct business via text." The response was "would you like an agent to call?" I responded "I travel, what is the agents # and the company name" they went MIA. I texted back 3 more times and no answer.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:36 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
I get a ton of calls to sell a house I don’t own. I always offer to sell if for any price they choose

Old 06-19-2019, 03:40 PM

I generally just say no and hang up. Then I place a block on the number.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,048 times
The main company doing this, is called "1 800 Fair Offer". They illegally robocall consumers trying to buy their houses FAR below market value. The company is owned by an arrogant guy named Sean Terry. This goof actually has videos posted on YouTube to teach his followers how to illegally robocall for more leads. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Arizona State Attorney General's office, and am also considering a class action suit against this company for their illegal robocalling.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 PM

567 posts, read 789,037 times
We're always getting them, and we're investors. (We'd NEVER do this.)

If you actually talk to someone, say you'll sell at an absolutely ridiculous price. They might say, "You never know." I say, "Fine. Let us know if you want to buy it for that." They'll never call back.

As a matter of course, if I don't recognize the number, I may pick it up and not say anything. If there's not an actual human on the phone, I'll hang up.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:19 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,107,208 times
I've had 3 texts recently and a few days ago I got a letter in the mail addressed to the living trust our home is in; which tells me this guy is using tax rolls at the assessor's office for Maricopa County. His offer said near-market prices, no MLS or fees, no repairs needed. Too good to be true, at least I think so. I might sell if the deal included a lease back so we could stay for a year to figger out where to go next.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:28 AM

13,313 posts, read 7,353,468 times
My boss at work was complaining that we should answer the phone 24/7 because that's our job but we have an oncall rotation for that. I told him the robo calls are out of control I have to put my phone on silent. How do I sign him up so he gets a bunch of these calls.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:46 PM

6 posts, read 12,317 times
I am getting these calls daily and have replied many times saying, "I have no interest in selling," but soon, often the same day, more such inquires comes in. It almost seems like harassment, like they are trying to wear me down or something. I'm mystified, don't understand it.

Old 11-15-2019, 10:34 PM

I've had this woman with what I think is a Filipino accent a call me four or five times about selling

Each time I block her number but she still gets through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: