Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 04:02 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,718,439 times

Advertisements

No, I think they're mostly for real. Of course, any offer they make will be very low. They're for desperate people, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 09:39 PM

13,805 posts, read 8,039,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
No, I think they're mostly for real. Of course, any offer they make will be very low. They're for desperate people, I think.
Right. They toss out 1500 calls and all they need is one person who for whatever reason wants to sell fast.

Of course the offer will be considerable under market value.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,156,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
My boss at work was complaining that we should answer the phone 24/7 because that's our job but we have an oncall rotation for that. I told him the robo calls are out of control I have to put my phone on silent. How do I sign him up so he gets a bunch of these calls.
Ha...use his phone number on the Quicken Loans or LendingTree refi websites. That will drive him nuts for about 3 weeks.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:15 PM

966 posts, read 1,349,534 times
every call of text I get I tell them to F*CK OFF AND DIE, and in hell they will get never ending calls and texts wanting to buy their house.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:46 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,347,454 times
I installed app called Hiya it seems to have reduced the number of phony calls by about 80% still get some.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 514 times
Exclamation My name is Sara with Military Home Buyers

This has been happening to me in Florida according to my research a lot of Floridians are having to deal with spam blitz. They will contact you by mail, email even text. I contacted the FTC and they are aware of them. We have found they are affiliated with the company We Buy Ugly Homes. My brother who is an L.E.O managed to speak with a woman named Cathy who was based out of Tampa. She shared that their call list mainly are generated from the voter registration roll. So I contacted our Local Voter registration office and guess what. Our Voter registration is being sold to the public information sites and anyone can access them. Why is this so troubling I personally paid for a phone number that has never been in circulation it wasn’t cheap . I give my GV number out which not attached to this number the only time I have ever used it was for updating my voter registration.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:52 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,347,454 times
It's been bad lately here with lot less homes on the market people are desperate to buy homes. The only way to really stop it is to change your number. My wife did that and her robocalls have dropped off by 95% the calls are not just random must be based on some kind of list that was sold to them. Since my number is over 10 years now I must be on 90% of the list out there. I was shocked who sells information I took my mother to fast-med urgent care she fell broke her shoulder she couldn't write so I just filled it out with her name and my phone, and address. Within 3 months I started getting calls about how Medicare was in open enrollment, and people trying to sell me all kinds of medical devices where they scam Medicare. I tell them I'm not even 55 yet. The only way they could have gotten the number was from Fastmed I thought that information was protected guess only the medical records.

Sara seems to be common name with robo calls.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:05 PM

24,493 posts, read 26,038,861 times
I now get offer on my home by USPS with a Google picture of the front of the house.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:15 PM

2,774 posts, read 904,347 times
I get them frequently. A few days ago I received one from some who said "My name is Laura" asking if I would be "open to chatting about" a rental house we own in Chandler. I replied to Laura saying "You want to hook up? Send me your picture." Haven't heard back from her. Text her yourself. The number is 602-755-6092.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: