Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 11:10 PM

61 posts, read 48,933 times

Advertisements

I like the Indian Bend Wash bike and walking trail that runs from Tempe through McCormick ranch and also like the canal trails and desert Equestrian trails sprinkled through North and east Scottsdale. Do either Downtown or midtown have "go-to" open spaces or greenbelts? I rode my bike through Encanto Park and liked it. I also liked what I saw of Papago--not sure how far from downtown that is. Tempe Town lake looked like a nice place to put in a kayak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 01:04 PM

277 posts, read 276,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
I like the Indian Bend Wash bike and walking trail that runs from Tempe through McCormick ranch and also like the canal trails and desert Equestrian trails sprinkled through North and east Scottsdale. Do either Downtown or midtown have "go-to" open spaces or greenbelts? I rode my bike through Encanto Park and liked it. I also liked what I saw of Papago--not sure how far from downtown that is. Tempe Town lake looked like a nice place to put in a kayak.
Noc it’s downtown. The closest ones are camelback and Phoenix mountain preserve up at like northern/51 or camelback in Scottsdale

Not like those are really “far” but they aren’t in walking distance

Do you want to live in an urban area or do you want to live close to the desert preserves? The best of both would be Scottsdale, Arcadia or biltmore but you lose some urbanity in favor of nature

Old 02-11-2019, 08:04 PM

How's the evening street life in Biltmore area? Downtown near Chase Field? My impression is that Scottsdale downtown and old town is buzzy pretty late into the evening during non/summer season

Old 02-11-2019, 08:38 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,049,935 times
OP, why not go all out? Look for something awesome in the town of Paradise Valley (you didn't mention your budget.) You have to see the place in person.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:56 PM

C'mon, Doug. I'm coming with Orygun money not Bay Area.
Paradise Valley is out of my budget. I'm looking at urban highrise or loft condos.
My housing dollars seem to go furthest in Downtown, followed by Biltmore, then Old Town. And, as someone pointed out, Downtown seems like a more "pure" urban experience. I'm just wondering if things clear out after work, such is the case in some urban cores. Or, is downtown Phoenix a destination in itself, after hours?

Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,049,935 times
^^^^ OK, haha.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:37 PM

277 posts, read 276,641 times
Quote:
How's the evening street life in Biltmore area? Downtown near Chase Field? My impression is that Scottsdale downtown and old town is buzzy pretty late into the evening during non/summer season
Biltmore isn’t a walkable neighborhoods there are bars and restaurants but you need to drive between locations

Old 02-13-2019, 05:05 AM

8,045 posts, read 12,271,874 times
Quote:
Paradise Valley is out of my budget. I'm looking at urban highrise or loft condos.
My housing dollars seem to go furthest in Downtown, followed by Biltmore, then Old Town. And, as someone pointed out, Downtown seems like a more "pure" urban experience. I'm just wondering if things clear out after work, such is the case in some urban cores. Or, is downtown Phoenix a destination in itself, after hours?
Downtown used to be dead after working hours, and it still can be to a certain extent, but it's a lot more active now than it was back in the day. It's probably the most urban you're going to get in this metro area, followed closely behind by Tempe's Mill Avenue district. Old Town Scottsdale is also urban, but in a more upscale type of way. Keep in mind that the true Biltmore area is mainly a greenbelt area made up of exclusive homes. The area around 24th Street & Camelback is often mistaken as being part of Biltmore, but it's really Camelback East, and not all that urban. It still would be an area you might like based on fairly easy access to parks and mountain preserves.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the valuable feedback, Obadno and Valley Native. It confirms my impressions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area