Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:06 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Well we finally manage to get something that, in name at least, is a bonafide amusement park. Six Flags bought Wet and Wild and has upgraded the amusements and will reopen this year as a Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. (I would have liked Haboob Harbor, but I can settle for this). We're on our way to greatness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 02:19 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,523 times
Do they have a 'tasing' simulation attraction ? Just kidding... too soon probably.
With all due respect to the parties involved.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:30 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Do they have a 'tasing' simulation attraction ? Just kidding... too soon probably.
With all due respect to the parties involved.
God I hope so. It was hilarious what happened to the dude in Glendale

Old 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,955,230 times
Same park, new sign. I will withhold my excitement until they actually build a new attraction or invest some real money

Old 02-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Same park, new sign. I will withhold my excitement until they actually build a new attraction or invest some real money
Supposedly they have or will be building cool new things. I won't be going though - too old for that kind of thing anymore. They open on March 16! Brrrrr....

Old 02-12-2019, 06:29 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Maybe not. Six Flags bought out an old amusement park back in MA several years ago and they came in and revamped the whole park. We all thought they were crazy because its in an area kinda off the beaten path where you wouldn't think dumping this much money into an old park would gain this much revenue. They bought up property up and down the street and put in parking lots with bridges over the street and basically gutted the whole park and added millions to it. Now it's called Six Flags New England and people from all over the east coast come there. They're constantly adding new rides and the place is always packed so I would assume there planning to do the same for the one in Glendale.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:23 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,729,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Maybe not. Six Flags bought out an old amusement park back in MA several years ago and they came in and revamped the whole park. We all thought they were crazy because its in an area kinda off the beaten path where you wouldn't think dumping this much money into an old park would gain this much revenue. They bought up property up and down the street and put in parking lots with bridges over the street and basically gutted the whole park and added millions to it. Now it's called Six Flags New England and people from all over the east coast come there. They're constantly adding new rides and the place is always packed so I would assume there planning to do the same for the one in Glendale.
I've been to Six Flags New England over the last few years, it's a great park. If the upgrades here are on par with what I saw there I'm far more excited than I expected to be about this news.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:39 PM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
I've been to Six Flags New England over the last few years, it's a great park. If the upgrades here are on par with what I saw there I'm far more excited than I expected to be about this news.
That would be fantastic if they could do the same. Phoenix is far too big of a market to not have a bona fide real amusement park.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I think their plans are limited to a water park. Water parks work here for sure. You'd have to put rides indoors. That is not an impossibility though.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
I really like Glendale: Arrowhead area, State Farm Field, Gila Arena, Westagate, and now this? My main issue with Glendale is the morning commute heading east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area