Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:14 AM

427 posts, read 368,356 times

Advertisements

Hi, the last thing I would want my new neighbors in the Phoenix area to think is "oh great, another lib moving in". I'm not. And I wont vote that way either.

Would you recommend anything special to help the transition? Change plates quickly? Conversate with the neighbors? I like conversation yet many in SoCal dont.

I'm also not from CA, just been working there for many years. My birthplace and alma mater is in the Midwest. I have no shortage of exterior flags and decor from my home state. Would flying a bit of that help? Thx!

Old 03-21-2019, 09:28 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
Hi, the last thing I would want my new neighbors in the Phoenix area to think is "oh great, another lib moving in". I'm not. And I wont vote that way either.

Would you recommend anything special to help the transition? Change plates quickly? Conversate with the neighbors? I like conversation yet many in SoCal dont.

I'm also not from CA, just been working there for many years. My birthplace and alma mater is in the Midwest. I have no shortage of exterior flags and decor from my home state. Would flying a bit of that help? Thx!
You might be overthinking this.

Our new neighbors came by and introduced themselves. The last time DH was at our new home, another neighbor stopped him on the street and chatted for an hour.

Nobody asked us how we'll vote. Of course, this is Scottsdale we're talking about and they may assume we're Republicans. As far as I know, though, everyone is welcome.

You may have to make an effort to get acquainted if no one shows up when you first move in. People tend to garage their cars, even during the mild winters, so you may not see them outside puttering around.

Where in the metro are you moving to?

Old 03-21-2019, 09:28 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times
Quote:

Mod cut. Also, don't assume that your neighbors don't want a liberal neighbor and aren't liberal themselves. Remember, Phoenix-proper leans blue, location dependent of course. Just be a good neighbor and a good person. No one cares where you're from. For most, real life isn't as polarized as the internet would lead you to believe, nor do normal people wear their political views on their sleeves.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-21-2019 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Rude.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,911,098 times
WE BURN LIBS ALIVE HERE!!! YEW BETTER GET BACK TO CALIFORNY LIB!! Seriously, no one cares about your political leanings unless you choose to blab about them them to everyone you meet. You'll be fine here.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:16 AM

656 posts, read 814,130 times
My senator is Democrat, my mayor is Democrat. I am a Phoenician.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
My senator is Democrat, my mayor is Democrat. I am a Phoenician.
You have a senator AND a mayor?

How much did THAT cost?

Old 03-21-2019, 10:30 AM

306 posts, read 336,382 times
Mod cut. You'll be fine dude. Just dial it back a notch.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-21-2019 at 07:46 PM..

Old 03-21-2019, 10:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,548 times
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just be thankful (as i am) that I don't live in a declining state such as CA anymore. Enjoy the Valley!!

Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,486,072 times
Quote:

California has 40 million people. Even though conservatives are a minority, that still leaves millions and millions of conservatives there. You seem to think that people in Phoenix are too stupid to understand this. That hardly seems the best assumption to make.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
California has 40 million people. Even though conservatives are a minority, that still leaves millions and millions of conservatives there. You seem to think that people in Phoenix are too stupid to understand this. That hardly seems the best assumption to make.
He doesn’t know people in Phoenix yet.

And there’s certainly no end of people who think there are nothing but Progressives in California. I have to remind folks periodically that 30% of California voters went for Trump in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area