Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 09:13 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,808,209 times

Advertisements

I just feel like he's not quick on the draw....If I see a property in the am and bring to his attention....I would like to be able to see same day....I mean you have to be READY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 10:16 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Yes - since January. Not a long time I don't think. And yes Im really ready to buy a home. Its just the houses that I bring to his attention, he is making the appt for the showing a day or two after it goes on the market. Im ready to view the day of the debut.
So fire him. It isn't like there aren't a million other agents out there.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:19 AM

306 posts, read 336,382 times
It sounds like you are doing a lot of the work yourself. I do something similar. I just contact the selling agent and work with them. They get a better cut that way and this may put you at the head of the line. It's worked for me the last two houses I've bought. You may be able to leverage the fact that they get a bigger percent to get a better price.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:47 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
I’m guessing that you are looking at a price point/location that is hot. Every $100K more expensive drops out a ton of buyers and normally pushes out the days on the market. Here is a possible solution. If you know the area and market well, then you know what a good deal is. What you can do is contact the specific LISTING agent when something pops up on MLS. That’s because Realtors are capitalists. They strongly prefer getting both sides of the sales commission. Forgetting ethics, you will have a competitive advantage on the purchase because all things being equal, the agent is going to want more $$’s. If you are good at reading people, know how to be careful on what you say and do, then being close to the sales process is ideal for getting your best deal as well.

I’ve bought multiple properties using this fashion. All too often if you know how to get the listing agent to talk, they will give you all kinds of (unethical) info about the buyers desires so that you can customize your offer accordingly. For instance maybe the seller would like to rent back for a while, I’ve made offers that way before. Or maybe they are worried about contingencies. Then put down a $10K non-refundable deposit contingent on inspection, etc.

With that said, on those two homes that sold fast, look at the details after they close. See if it was a “pocket” listing (often “coming soon” MLS listings are designed for people to call the listing agent 1st). Or see if another agent inside the same office represents the buyers (giving them a home team advantage). But, I don’t recommend this for everyone. You need to be semi-savvy and somewhat street smart.

Back you your point. It’s pretty much impossible for someone to drop what they are doing and react the very same day. So in your case, getting into the home the very next day is pretty much all that you can hope for.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:59 AM

13,762 posts, read 8,014,399 times
When I was buying in 2010 the sharks were out and homes were under contract almost immediately. My RE agent was very good and would be over to see the property the day it went on the market. (I wasn't in AZ at the time)

My RE agent would get back to me that day if he thought the property was a good buy. I was in constant contact with my agent and had everything in order to make a quick cash offer.

Unfortunately, some homes went under-contact hours after coming on the market. And in some cases even before a lock box was put on the door.

My guess is today's market isn't as crazy as 2010 (or 2005) still both the RE agent and buyer have to be ready to move fast given the ways homes are selling.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:19 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
When I was buying in 2010 the sharks were out and homes were under contract almost immediately. My RE agent was very good and would be over to see the property the day it went on the market. (I wasn't in AZ at the time)

My RE agent would get back to me that day if he thought the property was a good buy. I was in constant contact with my agent and had everything in order to make a quick cash offer.

Unfortunately, some homes went under-contact hours after coming on the market. And in some cases even before a lock box was put on the door.

My guess is today's market isn't as crazy as 2010 (or 2005) still both the RE agent and buyer have to be ready to move fast given the ways homes are selling.
There are others things at work. Her agent has been at it for 3 months. If I have a customer spending a lot and knows how to pull a trigger, then I will make a business decision and postpone someone else to make room for the person. But if you have 200 hours into a transaction and nothing has come of it to date, you do your best. A day turn around time is completely acceptable. I have a saying: not all customers are created equal. Saying that, homes don't normally sell in 24 hours. If I was the listing agent, I would wait a day or two before I locked it up. After all, it could fetch offers above asking. It's why I am suspicious there is insider info going on. Back in the short sales era, it was a dirt(ier) business.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:26 PM

16 posts, read 33,273 times
You can use Redfin.com and make an appointment to see the house that day. If you close escrow, you share in the realtor commission. Give it a try and see if you like it. Their realtors are paid by salary so they don’t mind showing the house- they actually get bonuses the more houses they show, so there’s no pressure.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:46 AM

121 posts, read 117,091 times
Do your own research and have a big list of homes to look at. We didn't wait for our Realtor to provide us with homes we did our own house hunt online and added what we found to what the Realtor found ....we moved from out of state in Aug and when we came to house hunt we had 26 potential homes to look at the week before the trip, by the time we got here only 11 where left because they sold so fast. The home we ended up with was actually the home we fell in love with from the start that already had an offer on it that ended up falling thru that same weekend so we swooped in and got it.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:59 PM

8 posts, read 14,759 times
Real estate agent here.

We have to request permission to show the property. Most listings go thru a listing service where we put down a showing time and then get the selling agent to approve it.I've had seller agents finally approve a showing for me after 24 hours.

Also, we are in a tight housing market. Any house worth the money is going to go quick.
Heck, even rentals aren't staying on the market long.

I can't tell you how many times I've had clients want to look at a house to find out there is already 2 offers on it but the owners want to show it a few more days to see if they can collect more offers.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:53 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,281,299 times
Even if she went out and looked at properties through the listing agent, her buyers agent may still be able to get the commission if they have a buyers agency agreement. The listing agent is required to find out whether the buyer has an agreement with another agent as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area