Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 06:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,804,465 times

Advertisements

I have been house hunting with a realtor since January. In the scope of 2 weeks, I have lost out on (2) houses....1st house on the market for 2 days...we scheduled an appt the day after it went on the market... had multiple offers..(I couldnt compete) and the second house...same situation.... Came on the market...and the realtor scheduled a showing for the day after... He called me back to say it was under contract... Im a little perturbed that we didnt make an appt the day of as I could have made myself assessible...Just wondering if i need to move on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 09:35 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,172,943 times
In some price ranges houses are going very quickly. Sometimes they are being sold sight unseen. It may not be your agent's fault. The best you can do is be ready, do your homework ahead of the showing and make the strongest offer possible.

But only you can decide if you feel you are not getting good service.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:42 PM

Thank you for commenting. It just seems that he's always making the appt for the day after...How bout we see it the day it comes on the market. I also might add that he was also busy with another client who had more to spend than I do.. I understand its the business But I need the realtor to be on it when something comes available on the market.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:45 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,450,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Thank you for commenting. It just seems that he's always making the appt for the day after...How bout we see it the day it comes on the market. I also might add that he was also busy with another client who had more to spend than I do..
You said that you've been house hunting with him since January. Maybe he's getting sick of investing so many man hours and not making a sale. I think Realtors want clients to just buy so they can get their commissions and if any certain client starts to take too long (in their minds) they begin to make you second priority to other clients who may buy sooner.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:50 PM

He made the statement to me that once a property comes on the market, you have to be ready view it ASAP. While I understand that aspect of it, I don't think he's quick on the draw. Because hes telling me about the property the day it comes on the market. How about letting me know the day before and we can see it the day it debuts. on the market. Just saying...

Old 03-22-2019, 11:03 PM

566 posts, read 572,975 times
I messaged you

Old 03-22-2019, 11:24 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,968,809 times
A good realtor can get a contract ready in ten minutes, but buyers need to be technically savy, too. The days of meeting in a conference room and going over an offer line by line are maybe not over, but an absurd waste of resources and a losing strategy.

Any buyer waiting on a realtor to provide listings are really missing out. I have realtors go on and on about their stupid, slow search portal, when depending on the market, I almost always find them first. Even realtordotcom beats their links. Some are closely tied to the actual MLS, but somehow, there are delays to your realtor seeing them.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:57 AM

8,269 posts, read 8,644,982 times
You have been looking since January and haven't found a house? I think the realtor is tired of wasting their time with you.

Are you really ready to buy a house, as in making an offer minutes after looking at it and over asking? That's how they sell in my area. If you wait until tomorrow it is too late.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 AM

Yes - since January. Not a long time I don't think. And yes Im really ready to buy a home. Its just the houses that I bring to his attention, he is making the appt for the showing a day or two after it goes on the market. Im ready to view the day of the debut.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:44 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Yes - since January. Not a long time I don't think. And yes Im really ready to buy a home. Its just the houses that I bring to his attention, he is making the appt for the showing a day or two after it goes on the market. Im ready to view the day of the debut.
I see that you are frustrated about this. I have read the entire thread and I'm not taking your agent's side but I don't see anywhere that you have made it "crystal clear" to your agent that you are ready to view properties on a moments notice. Are you? Or do you need a few hours to free up your schedule?

Listings "usually" are connected to an automated scheduling program where an agent can request a showing time and date. Typically it is set so that each showing is in its own unique slot (no double bookings). It is possible that your agent is not viewing the new listings for the day quick enough (agents get a daily list of the new and changed happenings on the MLS). In turn he/she is not making an appointment fast enough and all the available appointments for the first couple of days are taken, hence you not getting an appointment until the second or third day that the property is listed....which you see may be too late.

Unfortunately it is not your agent's fault if the property gets quick "accepted" offers unless as you say he is not treating you like all his other clients - as a priority, no matter what your buying range is. Sellers obviously want to sell ASAP and in todays market, buyers are making quick offers with above asking prices to get accepted.

Good luck on your home buying journey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area