Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 07:22 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times

Advertisements

Plus I read somewhere that alcoholism rates are fairly high in Sun City. Remember when Sun City was in my old sales territory and you'd see the old ladies loading up a grocery store cart with vodka and the men loading up on gin & whiskey. Boredom along with age related physical ailments make some people turn to the bottle for comfort unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 08:36 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
That's BS. People drink but I never see it to excess and it is mostly wine. Most people aren't bored in Sun City. There is too much to do. It's more trying to fit everything in. If someone has a cart full of booze they are having one hell of a party.

Sun City isn't just a bunch of old people. Thousands are in their 50's. Big changes since the 2010 census so don't bring up those numbers.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:11 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
That one hell of a party was called "Tuesday". Seriously, it has been a bit over a decade since I spent a lot of time in Sun City, generally saw the carts topped with booze in the older sections where the demographics did skew a lot older than SC West or SC Grand. Guessing younger retirees are more active and health conscious these days.

One thing that I've found interesting is friends of mine that are slightly older and now find themselves newly divorced or had an involuntarily end to their career are picking up houses in Sun City. Faced with being 55 on one income or with a much lower income suddenly have discovered houses around Sun City. For the price of a one bedroom rent in Phoenix, they can get a small house or townhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area