Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 08:09 AM

21 posts, read 16,273 times

Advertisements

For the past couple nights I've heard vagrants/transients hanging out on the roof walking back and forth at all hours of the night.

I've told the complex management about it and have called police to no avail as they scatter by the time police show up and management can't trespass them unless its during business hours.

The Vagrants in question are a man and a woman in their early 20s I see them hanging out at the complex from time to time trying to bum cigs off people.

Its very unnerving hearing them walking on the roof doing who knows what at night up there the police don't seem to go on the roof when I call so not sure how they can be stopped and kicked off the property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 09:05 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
Low priority for the police. How do they get on your complex roof? Vagrants will camp in the bushes of a neighboring business from time to time. My landlord has fenced off the property boundary between us and installed a secure front gate to keep the place more secure.

Had a crazy vagrant standing at my open window a few years back. I was watching the World Series and hear leaves rustling and then he's suddenly there and telling me someone was calling him. I was prepared to beat this guy down if he tried to enter.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:13 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocards86 View Post
For the past couple nights I've heard vagrants/transients hanging out on the roof walking back and forth at all hours of the night.

I've told the complex management about it and have called police to no avail as they scatter by the time police show up and management can't trespass them unless its during business hours.

The management company can file a letter of authorization with PD to allow the cops to trespass people. Or they could hire a security company for a few days... as soon as these bums find out the free ride is over, they'll move on.

Quote:
The Vagrants in question are a man and a woman in their early 20s I see them hanging out at the complex from time to time trying to bum cigs off people.

Its very unnerving hearing them walking on the roof doing who knows what at night up there the police don't seem to go on the roof when I call so not sure how they can be stopped and kicked off the property.

Add some urgency to your calls. Suggest that you believe they may be trying to break into apartments or start a fire. If you hear loud talking, to me that could be an argument where violence is possible.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:15 AM

There's a small ladder on the side of the building to make it easier for the maintenance people to get on the roof. They piggy back each other up there Its a two story apartment complex not super difficult to get up there.

We have fencing but its a joke we have gates but they don't have locks the vagrants come and go as they please all day either hanging out at the laundry rooms shooting drugs or breaking in to vacant apartments its a crime spree over here.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
The management company can file a letter of authorization with PD to allow the cops to trespass people. Or they could hire a security company for a few days... as soon as these bums find out the free ride is over, they'll move on.

Add some urgency to your calls. Suggest that you believe they may be trying to break into apartments or start a fire. If you hear loud talking, to me that could be an argument where violence is possible.
The management/owner are cheap they will not hire security they expect you to call the PD for everything.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Do you guys think I should call the cops on them again if they are on the roof or what would you guys do in my situation this is really stressing me out losing sleep over these idiots.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:49 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Quote:
Do you guys think I should call the cops on them again if they are on the roof or what would you guys do in my situation this is really stressing me out losing sleep over these idiots.
Damn shame, Gocards . . .

Personally, I would call the Cops each and every time you hear or see the bums. There's only two now but, believe me, there will be more if everyone continues to look the other way.

Sooner or later the Cops will get the message that you are serious and not going away until something is done.

Good Luck.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
I meant with the jails its mostly catch and release since they got rid of tent city.
Statistics to support this claim?

Old 09-09-2019, 07:42 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,742 times
Quote:
We have fencing but its a joke we have gates but they don't have locks the vagrants come and go as they please all day either hanging out at the laundry rooms shooting drugs or breaking in to vacant apartments its a crime spree over here.

The management/owner are cheap they will not hire security they expect you to call the PD for everything.

Time to move.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:01 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,140,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Time to move.
Yup...safety issue is grounds for breaking your lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: