Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 11:30 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,633,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
The internet will be a much quieter place once all the Boomers are gone. Who will there be to start and clog threads complaining about every little thing?

Now get off my lawn!
Agreed. You cannot find a single comments section on the internet without some boomer whining about something. Everything is supposed to be about their comfort. If it impacts others, fine. If it impacts them, there will be hell to pay in the form of incessant complaining and then calling others “snowflakes.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 11:54 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times
its hard to focus on your tennis match when choppers are flying all over the place, especially if you are a white person...

Of all the things I read people whining about the Phoenix area, I rarely hear the whining about helicopters.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:26 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Agreed. You cannot find a single comments section on the internet without some boomer whining about something. Everything is supposed to be about their comfort. If it impacts others, fine. If it impacts them, there will be hell to pay in the form of incessant complaining and then calling others “snowflakes.”

Mmmmmmm, irony.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:57 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Jacobs View Post
I woke up to loud helicopter noise today 12/10/19 and this helicopter lingered for an hour circling our area in north Phoenix/Scottsdale of only a few blocks. I figured there was a criminal - I called Phoenix Police -- no reports of criminal activity - So Why Then are they doing this???? It's already a nightmare with Scottsdale Airport non-stop jumbo jets buzzing overhead day and night.

Has anyone else noticed low flying light blue and white police helicopters buzzing overhead your house for extended periods of time? They actually followed me and circled overhead for the longest time - while I am in my purple robe putting trash cans back into the yard....

This is not normal and I am from a big city.

I called the police dept. and they said no naked criminals running down the streets. So why the constant and long intrusion?

This had better stop. The police are out of control and I'm a white person.
A few expressions came to mind after I read this:

* "If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

* "Delta is ready when you are"

* "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

* "Climbing the charts is another one post wonder!"

* "Have you tried Pepto Bismol for that bellyaching?"

* "Suck it up, buttercup"

And my personal favorite:

* "Care for some cheese with that whine?"

Old 12-11-2019, 08:31 PM

2,390 posts, read 2,726,528 times
Quote:
I woke up to loud helicopter noise today 12/10/19 and this helicopter lingered for an hour circling our area in north Phoenix/Scottsdale of only a few blocks. I figured there was a criminal - I called Phoenix Police -- no reports of criminal activity - So Why Then are they doing this???? It's already a nightmare with Scottsdale Airport non-stop jumbo jets buzzing overhead day and night.

Has anyone else noticed low flying light blue and white police helicopters buzzing overhead your house for extended periods of time? They actually followed me and circled overhead for the longest time - while I am in my purple robe putting trash cans back into the yard....

I called the police dept. and they said no naked criminals running down the streets. So why the constant and long intrusion?

Why don't you ask they why?

Nice description, by the way.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,608,873 times
I have noticed helicopters hovering for long periods of time on several occasions and they're almost always TV news choppers covering the aftermath of a traffic accident or robbery.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:13 PM

44,662 posts, read 61,729,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
I have noticed helicopters hovering for long periods of time on several occasions and they're almost always TV news choppers covering the aftermath of a traffic accident or robbery.
OP the^^^above post is probably your answer. Happens frequently.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:56 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,581,369 times
The police (like any other government agency) compete for budget funding. If they say they require 1000 hours of flight time for the year and only use 900, the 900 will be the starting point for the following year's budget. Use it or lose it irrespective of actual need or good stewardship of taxpayer funds

Old 12-12-2019, 09:04 PM

269 posts, read 217,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
You're a white person, so this better stop? Who do you think you are, lady?
LMAO.....thinking highly of oneself is a hell of a drug!

Old 12-13-2019, 03:35 PM

966 posts, read 1,352,024 times
Quote:

Shall we call you a WHAAMBULANCE ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area